Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Sharjah - 4 Feb 2023

JeromeFJ

Dear Drivers, thank you for joining this morning, cutting carefully through the early morning fog to reach the meeting point.  Once the briefing done, we had enough visibility to start going, and even if it remained cloudy in the first hour, we had then beautiful views of clouds and mountains, until the sky was totally cleared.

I like this itinerary, because if offers a great variety of terrains. We have the small dunes at the beginning as a warm-up, but the hidden bowls soon require to be fully awake. These bowls and the long dune are a perfect preparation for the last part of the drive with higher slopes to come. Then the scenic technical portion, with the red/yellow sand facing the dark mountains is just beautiful. And then we have the slopes of Faya dune, with the big drops and the high climbs where the words "keep a constant momentum" and "don't fight the gravity" take all their meaning.

@Abdul Basit Khan thank you for the second lead, very well executed.  @Thejas Uthran, congratulations for your 1st FB drive. Your driving is precise, and you managed to take your car through the obstacles. @Rashid Alseeni, well done also for your 1st FB.  A constant momentum will help you to pass smoothly the bowls and the climbs. @Nadeem Ansari, 1st FB drive also, once the tires pressure was adjusted, you have improved the behavior of your car. Be more focused on your line and momentum to progress in the coming drives. @rohit kumar, well done for the 1st FB as well, the Raptor has a lot of capabilities, but still it is a heavy beast that must be kept under control, you did it well. @Gary F, @Joseph Sebastian, excellent drive for both of you. remember to keep the control at all time, including in the descends. @Bjoern, excellent drive, and many thanks for the sweep, and to your passenger for the comms ! Finally @Islam Soliman thank you for joining and supporting the convoy from the center. Always a pleasure to drive with you !

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you next time !

20230204_155245.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank your @JeromeFJfor giving me an appotinity for 2nd Lead. I really enjoyed the position. Thank your @Islam Soliman for the great support as always. it was fun meeting new members. 

What i learn today is to select a perfect line to climb, speed not always help in this. I enjoyed X-terra power.

AE100449-9B5A-4A17-9852-C1FE5D5E65B6.jpeg

E894ED75-0205-4F56-8545-E0BE2CA1B077.jpeg

B8253455-3046-41F3-B761-41E4BEEF7A5D.jpeg

9D86F666-3887-4AF6-B3AC-983E29CF1769.jpeg

39614D14-858A-4985-89AD-C812DA066EFE.jpeg

4A52F985-8FD0-4BC1-92EB-394450E2CA73.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I almost thought the drive would be cancelled when I saw the fog in the morning. But then everyone turned up and the weather was beautiful by the time we started. It was one of the first drives I have been where there were no stucks, only refusals and all self recovered. So no added experience of recoveries but on the other hand we covered lot of ground and practiced on bowls, technical dunes and climbs. Thanks @JeromeFJ for planning such a scenic and varied route with plenty of challenging bits with the related learning opportunities. Thanks also to@Islam Soliman for the very useful tips and advice throughout the drive. Was a pleasure meeting all the folks in the drive, look forward to seeing you all next time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use