•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Solar Park to Bab Al Shams - Dubai - 8 Apr 2023

Kailas

Thanks @Looper for the drive and Congratulations on your first one in the vast grasslands😅, It was different experience though! Towards second half as well enjoyed the quick technical patch before exiting😎! Looking forward for many to come and numerous loops with you😁! Was a perfect  fewbie drive. 

@Kailas & @Islam Soliman  : Always great to have you as part of the convoy. @Islam Soliman Hope the issue is getting fixed now for good, and will be looking forward to see you with the beast back in Desert. 

@Juan R, @Rk ram, @george charbel, @Rajat Verma, @Daniel Rodas, @Sunil Mathew   it was pleasure to see you guys again ! Everyone drove well and stayed focussed at much needed times! 

See you all again in sand soon:) 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Looperfor the lead and fun drive.  @Kailasand @Islam Soliman@DP1011 thank you for the support and guidance.  

During our break, a conversation started amongst the Jeep owners on the risk of rear bumpers falling off and the location of the stock licence plate not being ideal for dessert drives.  Also heard there was separate conversations going on around engine failures…

As we set off, we must have manifested all that negative talk 😁.  Lost my licence plate on a refusal going up and down a dune (thank you @DP1011 for recovering and holding on to it) and almost had my rear bumper come off !  Then, shortly after Islam’s engine wouldn’t start.  All ended well with Islam’s car making it to the exit point and I managed to secure my plate back on the bracket before heading back home.

Should have listened to the wise words of @Varun Mehndiratta on moving the plate location and getting that the bumper trimmed 😁.  

It was fun driving with you all of you and hope to see you on the next one

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Juan R said:

Thank you @Looperfor the lead and fun drive.  @Kailasand @Islam Soliman@DP1011 thank you for the support and guidance.  

During our break, a conversation started amongst the Jeep owners on the risk of rear bumpers falling off and the location of the stock licence plate not being ideal for dessert drives.  Also heard there was separate conversations going on around engine failures…

As we set off, we must have manifested all that negative talk 😁.  Lost my licence plate on a refusal going up and down a dune (thank you @DP1011 for recovering and holding on to it) and almost had my rear bumper come off !  Then, shortly after Islam’s engine wouldn’t start.  All ended well with Islam’s car making it to the exit point and I managed to secure my plate back on the bracket before heading back home.

Should have listened to the wise words of @Varun Mehndiratta on moving the plate location and getting that the bumper trimmed 😁.  

It was fun driving with you all of you and hope to see you on the next one

These are small token of love and affection from Mother Nature to be cherished for life  😀 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Drive Report:

We started the drive at 7 am and as soon as we entered the desert, I had a pop-out. After a quick fix we started only to find lush vegetation in the desert. It was more like driving on a riverbed than in the desert. I drove in this area many times last year and this very specific track with @Kailas and it was an incredibly fun experience, and while I did expect a little bit of vegetation in the beginning, but it was supposed to be nice medium size dunes thereafter, but the terrian has changed a lot since then, and there is this layer of green grass everywhere. Suppose this is artificially done as the authorities try to protect the power generation area from sand from the desert. Alas we will miss this area in the future.

We took a short break halfway through the drive and found ourselves engaged in two groups, consisting of Jeep and non-Jeep drivers engaging in discussions on living with our cars, car mods and what not. After a while, we continued our journey, and at one point, it seemed like we were scraping to the bottom of the desert. However, we picked up the pace and enjoyed playing in the long but small dunes, crisscrossing our way through them.

As we entered the final sector of our drive, we finally saw some taller dunes compraed to what we have done till now and with beautiful sand, obviously we couldn't wait to play there. Unfortunately, Islam's car overheated, so we took a break for the car to cool down and then we were back on track to exit the drive on time.

We exited the desert around 11 am, and I must say, the drive was a remarkable experience. I want to thank @Juan R, @Rk ram, @george charbel, @Rajat Verma, @Sunil Mathew, @Daniel Rodas who participated in the drive and hope to see you all soon again for another thrilling adventure in the desert.

I would like to thank @Kailas, @Islam Soliman & @DP1011 for their incredible support throughout the drive.

image.png.fb0d0b642e4a1813bc4d6a9d530c82aa.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 6

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use