•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai- 15th Apr 2023

2 hours ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Yes, indeed @Varun Mehndiratta, it didnt. 🙂

A tyre shop gave me couple of temporary replacement tyres (used), in place of 4 of my tyres (Yoko Geos) removed from my previous car, which the shop guys "lost" for some unknown reason. It was a stop gap arrangement until they could locate my tyres. I saw the treads of these tyres before they put them on , but did not get a good look at the beads, as it was stacked one above another , and higher than our eye levels. Yesterday, I directly went to them and had it removed, and found that the beads were damaged/torn at couple of places. Looks like the previous owner was using them on bead locks and took some heavy beating. So thats it -  bad beads;  i was deflated to 12psi, and the beads were not holding on to the rims as it should have, lost air, ended up flat with a semi pop out, which is why we could not fill the air back , They put the tyre back, with that paste thingy, and it held perfectly at 35psi - no leaks.

Now negotiating with the shop for a solution and aiming to sort out before the holiday drives 🤞🤞

Thanks for all the help and patience in sorting this out and installing my spare tyre - @Varun Mehndiratta, @Looper, @Mehmet Volga, @george charbel and sorry to keep you waiting and partially ruining your morning  - @Juan R  @premindra rajaram, @Sebb

Am sure @Looper must have made up for it by taking you through a fantastic drive, making the best of what was remaining of your precious saturday morning !!

No need to be sorry @Sunil Mathew, we all enjoyed working it out. It was good to feel the dessert breezing for me... After you exited, I had similar problem with my front right tyre pressure whooshing out... We inflated it once but it happened again, there was a big leak from the rim. We didn't have to replace it as it was ok with the high pressure but I had to complete the drive with 20 psi pressure. I'll check in the tyre shop if it is only some sand inside or similar problem with yours like bad beads around the rim. Let's see...

Thank you @Looper @Varun Mehndiratta @george charbel @Juan R @premindra rajaram @Sebb for a wonderful drive. See you on the next!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use