Advertise here

Pajero 3.8 engine mount replacement

Ok……so car failed it’s rego inspection yesterday 🤯, apparently engine mounts are stuffed.

has anyone replaced these?

Any tips, I am going to have a go tomorrow at changing these myself.

Thank you

IMG_3263.jpeg.9091e2de195dcd48b9bf38567fb88e58.jpegIMG_3261.jpeg.a8e4e4a2f7e8e72eee186efb2a04da31.jpeg

IMG_3260.jpeg

• WOW (+2) 1

Very common item to go on any off-road car. Never tried that myself though 😅

PS your HC readings are a bit on the high side ? Are you running without catalytic converter ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Very common item to go on any off-road car. Never tried that myself though 😅

PS your HC readings are a bit on the high side ? Are you running without catalytic converter ?

Going to try change them tomorrow 🥴

Good eye, I can neither confirm nor deny that the catalytic converter is installed or not installed 😜 

• Haha (+1) 4

I dont think it will be an easy job to do it yourself as you need to support the engine wheight while replacing them.

As an advice change both engine mounts plus the transmission mount all thogether .  When the engine mount is broken the transmission mount will have to work extra by holding the weight of the engine as well. This will slash the life span of it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Simon D said:

I dont think it will be an easy job to do it yourself as you need to support the engine wheight while replacing them.

As an advice change both engine mounts plus the transmission mount all thogether .  When the engine mount is broken the transmission mount will have to work extra by holding the weight of the engine as well. This will slash the life span of it.

Always up for a challenge, 🥴  just wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks when doing them.

changed the transmission mount not long ago and it still looks ok.

Edited by Stumpy Paj
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well that was a lot easier than I thought, about a hr a side, total three hours but I also rewraped my exhaust headers as well.

if any one is thinking of doing this it’s actually very easy, and saves 500-600aed that the workshop wanted to charge in labour. Total was 367 in parts so not to bad. 

will see how the car drives after this but the old mounts where completely separated/stuffed.

will update after I take it back for its inspection

IMG_3288.jpeg.d23b9f9a93cd8d1f258435b2fa72d84c.jpeg

thank you

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1