Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Mahafez - Sharjah - 6 May 2023

M.Seidam

Dear Friends

ATTENTION

meeting point updated about 250 meters further south just about 100 meters north to Mahafez Mosque as the closest land mark 

https://goo.gl/maps/3tFpm4TZQqQdEwSg9

image.jpeg.dec8f373cf20b1241504b3220342b488.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

TRIP REPORT 

Coming back to fossil rock after a year or more cleared all doubts that this grid area is totally fenced with openings from Khetem, mahafez mosque side and the southern part of Faye opposite the tahady motorcycle rental. In addition the whole western half of the grid has been transformed into a jungle leaving the eastern part and Faye the sandy terrain that we know . Fossil rock 🪨 itself from last year is internally fenced and becoming almost green , what a displaying beautiful portray . 

It was kinda challenging today from the start . At the beginning with google map crazy glitching . However we were all set on time and moved looking forward to what comes next. It wasn’t for a long till @premindra rajaram got stuck in super soft sand . But the problem was when the coolant temperature raised all of a sudden and we saw the Vaporising steam from the coolant side as if a volcano was in imminent eruption 🫢. This happened while tugging was taking place . Immediately brought him down from the inclined position to the flat . Car off and after a while carefully checked the coolant which was empty totally . Refilled and temperature of the silver Xterra adjusted back but still bit higher . The closest and fastest exit was to Maliha road at Khetem via the pylon track were we existed him safely (  he msged me later that he was already in Garag to check it out and I called him before I started typing this report that all good as it look’s apparently ) . 

we moved again to make it up for the remaining two hours left from khetem and oh yeah , sphinx was waiting where we had our first proper coffe break 

image.jpeg.5932786453fcc4e84e23e0dbfe5c2fb5.jpeg

after that we climbed all the way to feya from behind where we lined up at its slip side where every one contributed nicely to form a spaghetti leaving their track marks 😄

image.jpeg.828960e7beaae7832d826c80f7edee3d.jpeg

spending the last hour in back and forth around that area which was super fulfilling to the content to hour hearts till time was calling for exit . 

@Jona perfect second lead pleasure meeting you for the first time .

@premindra rajaram it’s always better safe than sorry and your exit was a wise decision . Hope we meet next time inshallah. But this time we will start from where we exited you and not from mahafez🤣

@Ahmad Nerat more than you drove flawlessly today , your welling to help and assist was remarkable and really appreciated .  Thank you a lot my friend 🙏

@Bashar Beasha you did great today keep it up dear well done 👍

@munkybizness really happy to see you after quite a while . Your anchoring middle position as I knew you kept the convoy connected . Thanks my friend 👍

The wrangler boys @Gary F and @Bjoern barely I heard you on the radio which says it all 👍 

@Felix Obst thanks for keeping an eye on all of us from the tail of the convoy very well done . Hope the boys enjoyed it today 😉

It’s a day I liked and enjoyed driving with all of you guys and hope to see you all next time . 

take care 

Seidam 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 4

Thanks @M.Seidam for the drive,  it was fantastic start for the weekend. Personally speaking, i can't miss a drive with you. Every time you teach us a new thing and the best is you always care for the safety of each one of us and our cars.

@premindra rajaram I hope u checked the car and ready for next drive.. always enjoying the drive with u. 

I extend my thanks for the SL, support and sweeper. u always watching the drivers from different angles. 

Today we got the chance to roor our engines in high dunes and controlling our speeds. 

at the beginning I thought desert disappeared it was full of bushes and later we explored Al Fays dunes steadly and safely.

Thanks for all.. looking forward to see u all in more and more drives

Ahmad

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I really enjoyed the short tight convoy, Jeeps always have fun at the back of the convoy getting  through the churn.

infinite loops was a lot of fun as was the beautiful scenery at fossil rock. An on time finish is always highly appreciated when we have many other weekend commitments.

Edited by Gary F
  • Like (+1) 4

On 5/6/2023 at 7:23 PM, Ahmad Nerat said:

Thanks @M.Seidam for the drive,  it was fantastic start for the weekend. Personally speaking, i can't miss a drive with you. Every time you teach us a new thing and the best is you always care for the safety of each one of us and our cars.

@premindra rajaram I hope u checked the car and ready for next drive.. always enjoying the drive with u. 

I extend my thanks for the SL, support and sweeper. u always watching the drivers from different angles. 

Today we got the chance to roor our engines in high dunes and controlling our speeds. 

at the beginning I thought desert disappeared it was full of bushes and later we explored Al Fays dunes steadly and safely.

Thanks for all.. looking forward to see u all in more and more drives

Ahmad

Hi Ahmed,

Always a pleasure to meet you aswell my brother. I brought the car to the garage, luckily everything is fine. I am getting some things double checked. Hope to see you soon!

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use