Night Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa Adventures - Dubai - 17 Jun 2023

Gaurav

Drive Plan

The plan is to avoid any existing tracks and make it as exciting as possible by finding the hidden sweet spot for the true flavor of Faqa. 

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

Meeting time: 7:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/UEwjVq4sQmKoT4Cp8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar 

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Good evening @Gaurav I’m going to add myself to your waitlist as I have a Friday night drive already planned. I just want to make sure anyone without driving plans gets a position first. If possible would love to join on your night journey Saturday night :) 

• Like (+1) 1

Most welcome @Benjamin if by tomo EOD there is still a place then on Thu 00:00 you will be automatically moved to the RSVP list with an email confirmation.

Looking fwd to seeing you too, heard a lot of good stuff about you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Please find the convoy number.

We will use Radio Channel: 4

@Senthil Kumar @Bravoecho @Stumpy Paj @Gary F @Benjamin @Krishna R @Beide Worku @MMansoor

1. Gaurav               Silver Pajero
  2. Senthil Kumar    Red Wrangler
  3. Bravoecho         White Patrol
  4. Stumpy Paj        Pajero
  5. Gary F                White Gladiator
  6. Benjamin           Silver Wrangler
  7. Krishna R           Red Xterra
  8. Beide Worku      Blue F150
  9. MMansoor         Patrol Y62
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Convoy updated.

As part of the new Environment Policy let's start carrying garbage liners and gloves in your car, if we spot any dirty area tonight, we will clean it.

@Bravoecho @Stumpy Paj @Gary F @Benjamin @Krishna R @Beide Worku @MMansoor

1. Gaurav               Silver Pajero
  2. Krishna R           Red Xterra
  3. Bravoecho         White Patrol
  4. Stumpy Paj        Pajero
  5. Gary F                White Gladiator
  6. Benjamin           Silver Wrangler
  7. Beide Worku      Blue F150
  8. MMansoor         Patrol Y62

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Drive title promised adventure and adventure materialised…

from

@Krishna R Xterra leaf spring issue and recovery ( I hope you made it back safe and are back in the sand soon) @Stumpy Paj and @Gaurav temp spring repair and axle realignment l.

@Bravoecho mystery patrol locking itself with keys and engine running but no driver , we all learned how to jimmy a door open. 

@Benjamin took over 2nd lead and had a few opportunities to pump his shovelling arms.

the most beautiful self recovery from a creat situation I have ever seen by @Gaurav

We hit some nasty vegetation patches and some sharp dips , my gladiator managed through followed by @Beide Worku lovely f150. With @MMansoor taking up sweep.

And just as we were ending the drive Faqa had one last surprise with the exit location needing some work to get too.

Post drive I found my rear bumper took a nasty hit , reinforcing gladiators shallow exit angle. 

• Like (+1) 5

Nicely summed up @Gary F this was my third car locked-out experience. It seems I need to write a manual on opening locked-out cars in the desert with sheer teamwork, patience, and precision.

@Bravoecho time u stick a spare key under your car or behind the spare wheel with zip ties, or better add one with a safety flag, so at least while off-roading you can quickly reach.

1 hour ago, Gary F said:

my gladiator managed through followed by @Beide Worku lovely f150. With @MMansoor taking up sweep.

Totally agree, @Gary F @Beide Worku and @MMansoor were real men to brave Faqa adventures with LWB vs boys with SWB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

@Gaurav great drive! Was great to meet you in person whilst also managing to be at the end of the convoy and at the front! 😂

when I look back at the events of last nights drive the main two learning points I had was how to fix leaf springs  and most bizarrely how to perform grand theft auto on @Bravoecho car.

@Krishna R man I hope you managed to get your car sorted out I will look forward to our next drive together will see you soon. 

in the end of it all it was a great drive and everyone drove extremely well alongside springing into action whenever there was an obstacle to overcome.

• Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use