Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Badayer - Sharjah - 23 June 2023

Hisham Masaad

2 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

What a drive!

Thank you @Hisham Masaad for organizing this Fewbie/Intermediate quick and crazy drive on a Friday morning and executing it to perfection. I say perfection because the convoy showed up sharp at 5 am, the briefing was quick, we experienced everything the desert could offer AND hit the tarmac at EXACT 9 am. This is not easy.

Refreshing lines by the King Emperor of Badayer. We enjoyed even the technical portions. My first experience of a Yalla Push drive from the man that coined the term and I am still craving for more.

The highlight was the surprise play area which was nestled among hidden dunes. I am sure not many people know about this place even though Badayer is a popular offroading spot. Somehow, Hisham found it and took us through the secret passage to play in the virgin sand bowls. When I heard Hisham on the radio - " guys just bear with the tech portions for 5 mins, we are going to a nice play area", I knew something special was coming up :) 

My admiration to the fewbies today - @Marketa Dobesova @Pavel Pashkovskiy @Abdelghani. You guys were the real heroes of today. You were pushed beyond your limits and you emerged without spilling blood and I know you guys enjoyed it as well.

@Pavel Pashkovskiy Great stuff today. Heard a lot about your special coffee and I got to experience your hospitality today. I had to drag myself out of bed with 3 alarms and you had the time to make fresh coffee for us. Love the sandrunner BTW. It sounds sweet.

@Mohamad Anwer Don't hate the Nissan, old friend. The jeeps played your mind today. Great stuff as usual in the SL position. You brought your usual dose of humour to the drive today :) 

@Marketa Dobesova It was a pleasure meeting you and 🌻. I don't believe you're in fewbie level. After all, you were one of the very few that made the climb in the first attempt. 

@DP1011 Driving with you after a long time. Amazing CF stuff as usual. Laid back driving and eating up the dunes as nobody's business.

@Felix Obst Driving like its a newbie drive. Just floating on the sand without a sound. no re-attempts whatsoever and asking for more 😜

@Pacific Amazing support as usual and thank you for watching my back. I know you were thinking to sell the jeep and buy an Xterra. Mine is not for sale 😝

@Benjamin The designated sweep. I've lost count of drives that you were the sweep man. Don't do it so well and you will only have churned sand on all your drives. Jokes aside, impeccable driving and clear communication to the Marshall on convoy status. Well done!

@Ignacio Quindós Followed us everywhere even with the churned sand from all the wranglers up front. It was truly an intermediate drive for you and Benjamin.

@Abdelghani We all know you are not a fewbie. Don't hide behind that badge :) However, you did magic with the stock FJ. You should drive the black one next time. I want to see you fly!

Overall, today's drive satisfied the offroader in me, thanks to @Hisham Masaad

Looking forward to driving with you guys again.

Until then, Keep calm and don't watch offroading videos on YouTube, the PTSD is real!

P.S. If anyone has a video of me flying in iftar bowl, Please whatsapp it on +971 526334562. It would be much appreciated.

@Krishna R - where were you between exact 8am to 9am ? ;)

image.png.b38dd510d8245bc27a7854a1aeaf1e47.png

• Haha (+1) 8

21 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

What a drive!

Thank you @Hisham Masaad for organizing this Fewbie/Intermediate quick and crazy drive on a Friday morning and executing it to perfection. I say perfection because the convoy showed up sharp at 5 am, the briefing was quick, we experienced everything the desert could offer AND hit the tarmac at EXACT 9 am. This is not easy.

Refreshing lines by the King Emperor of Badayer. We enjoyed even the technical portions. My first experience of a Yalla Push drive from the man that coined the term and I am still craving for more.

The highlight was the surprise play area which was nestled among hidden dunes. I am sure not many people know about this place even though Badayer is a popular offroading spot. Somehow, Hisham found it and took us through the secret passage to play in the virgin sand bowls. When I heard Hisham on the radio - " guys just bear with the tech portions for 5 mins, we are going to a nice play area", I knew something special was coming up :) 

My admiration to the fewbies today - @Marketa Dobesova @Pavel Pashkovskiy @Abdelghani. You guys were the real heroes of today. You were pushed beyond your limits and you emerged without spilling blood and I know you guys enjoyed it as well.

@Pavel Pashkovskiy Great stuff today. Heard a lot about your special coffee and I got to experience your hospitality today. I had to drag myself out of bed with 3 alarms and you had the time to make fresh coffee for us. Love the sandrunner BTW. It sounds sweet.

@Mohamad Anwer Don't hate the Nissan, old friend. The jeeps played your mind today. Great stuff as usual in the SL position. You brought your usual dose of humour to the drive today :) 

@Marketa Dobesova It was a pleasure meeting you and 🌻. I don't believe you're in fewbie level. After all, you were one of the very few that made the climb in the first attempt. 

@DP1011 Driving with you after a long time. Amazing CF stuff as usual. Laid back driving and eating up the dunes as nobody's business.

@Felix Obst Driving like its a newbie drive. Just floating on the sand without a sound. no re-attempts whatsoever and asking for more 😜

@Pacific Amazing support as usual and thank you for watching my back. I know you were thinking to sell the jeep and buy an Xterra. Mine is not for sale 😝

@Benjamin The designated sweep. I've lost count of drives that you were the sweep man. Don't do it so well and you will only have churned sand on all your drives. Jokes aside, impeccable driving and clear communication to the Marshall on convoy status. Well done!

@Ignacio Quindós Followed us everywhere even with the churned sand from all the wranglers up front. It was truly an intermediate drive for you and Benjamin.

@Abdelghani We all know you are not a fewbie. Don't hide behind that badge :) However, you did magic with the stock FJ. You should drive the black one next time. I want to see you fly!

Until then, Keep calm and don't watch offroading videos on YouTube, the PTSD is real!

P.S. If anyone has a video of me flying in iftar bowl, Please whatsapp it on +971 526334562. It would be much appreciated.

🥹 @Krishna R, this is such a beautiful write up 🥲☺️🥹

Hope to drive with you soon again 🙌

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you @Hisham Masaadfor such an amazing drive today. I think everybody enjoyed it as much as I did.  As I told you at the end, I cannot imagine what an IM drive could be with you leading it 😁😁😁 The second part of the drive was unknown to me, beautiful area with virgin sand at times…

Congrats to all fewbie drivers for coping so well with the challenges today. Keep it up! Not only drove amazingly well, but also brought coffee, biscuits and dates!! Extra point for you guys…

Big shout out to @Pacificfor reaching your 100th drive today!!

Thanks to @DP1011 @Mohamad Anwer and @Benjaminfor your support. 

See you again soon!!

Dedicated to @Pacific for his 100th!

IMG_4294.jpeg.f35435737ce2ae0c6d11c60f82c92941.jpeg

Rest of the pictures in the gallery. @Marketa Dobesova, @Pavel Pashkovskiy and @Krishna R you have some you might like. Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

2 minutes ago, Ignacio Quindós said:

Thank you @Hisham Masaadfor such an amazing drive today. I think everybody enjoyed it as much as I did.  As I told you at the end, I cannot imagine what an IM drive could be with you leading it 😁😁😁 The second part of the drive was unknown to me, beautiful area with virgin sand at times…

Congrats to all fewbie drivers for coping so well with the challenges today. Keep it up! Not only drove amazingly well, but also brought coffee, biscuits and dates!! Extra point for you guys…

Big shout out to @Pacificfor reaching your 100th drive today!!

Thanks to @DP1011 @Mohamad Anwer and @Benjaminfor your support. 

See you again soon!!

Dedicated to @Pacific for his 100th!

IMG_4294.jpeg.f35435737ce2ae0c6d11c60f82c92941.jpeg

Rest of the pictures in the gallery. @Marketa Dobesova, @Pavel Pashkovskiy and @Krishna R you have some you might like. Cheers!

@Ignacio Quindós, where do I find the gallery please? ☺️

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Marketa Dobesova said:

@Ignacio Quindós, where do I find the gallery please? ☺️

Right top corner. Off-road club/gallery. Then you look for the drive and bingo…

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I’ve been pondering about all the things I could say about this drive, of course only good things can come to mind. @Hisham Masaad will always be a pleasure driving with you! Every drive you teach me something new even under the circumstances of “yalla push” 

@DP1011 always great to see you man I hope to see you soon on the next one 

@Krishna R thank you for the kind words! We have had many drives together and always will make the ultimate support team one day 💪 the mighty Xterra did some crazy stunts today and managed it through some of the roughest terrains including that airtime. Of course it all comes down to the driver behind the wheel you did amazing mate. 

@Marketa Dobesova I can see the practice is paying off in the desert seeing that yellow jeep conquer the dunes is always awesome to see. 

@Ignacio Quindós you drove amazingly in the back I’ll look forward to the next one together mate. I believe I managed to get a pic of you behind the sun (posted it in the gallery :)

Congrats @Pacific on 100 drives you drove exceptionally well today as well :) 

@Mohamad Anwer always good to catch up man I look forward to the next one! 

@Pavel Pashkovskiy thank you again for the coffee it was much needed this morning with a very early start. Your gladiator sounded mint ☘️ climbing those dunes today will see you soon! 

please anyone I missed out you guys drove amazing especially if this was your FB drive you all pushed beyond expectations. 

Have a good weekend,

Ben 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

20 hours ago, Abdelghani said:

FJ.

Well @Abdelghani tallent is instinctive and natural to some people,  and in your case my dear sir it is, mashallah, you drove beautifully just like the Badayer Emperor!

@Hisham MasaadEmperor thank you afain for an amazing drive, as always, full of thrill and excitement.

What an incredible team, mostly wranglers, and I take my hat off for the high quality level of driving by all 😁 .

Luckily I had a fellow Nissan driver who gave me a moral booster after thr reapeated attempts to climb the tricky top dune!! But I eventually managed to climb and provide the easiest route direction to the others😁🤣😅😅

Great support @DP1011@Pacific @Benjamin

As always, great seeing my old offroading bodies @Pacific & @DP1011

@Pavel Pashkovskiy thank you for thr coffee hospitality,  well enjoyed. 

Nice meeting you @Marketa Dobesova@Felix Obst and amazing driving both 😀👏👏👏

looking forward to seeing you all shortly 20230623_143926.jpg.380812c0c3c2edf685d9bc37eca99f04.jpg

20230623_060618.jpg

20230623_060505.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

14 hours ago, Krishna R said:

What a drive!

Thank you @Hisham Masaad for organizing this Fewbie/Intermediate quick and crazy drive on a Friday morning and executing it to perfection. I say perfection because the convoy showed up sharp at 5 am, the briefing was quick, we experienced everything the desert could offer AND hit the tarmac at EXACT 8 am. This is not easy.

Thank you @Krishna R for the nice and comprehensive summary. Always a pleasure to drive and have smalltalk with you! Have a great weekend! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use