•  
Advertise here

Advice on buying new SUV for off-road

On 8/24/2023 at 1:57 PM, Nilakantan Erode said:

So my Carnity friends...I have finally got a 2023 Bronco Wildtrak. Thanks @Gaurav@Looper@Rizwanm2 @Gautam Bank @Hisham Masaad @Frederic @Alexanderrr @Stumpy Flowers @Bravoecho @Krishna R @Pavel Pashkovskiy @Benjamin and all others those who had shared their wisdom and tips on the card ...ranging from Pajero, Prado, Patrol,  Safari. Rubicon and Bronco. Had something to learn from all your experiences / suggestions. Also explored some of the other chats on the car forums. Lots of insights there!

Last time i owned a 4WD in Dubai was 22 year back was when i had a 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero (Classic Green).  Used to do some desert drives then but after that it has been only family sedans / other  cross overs since 2001 ...once i relocated to Singapore. But it is great to be back here in Dubai after 2 decades. The off road landscape and vehicles  have changed a lot. And...some really great  offroad communities are here now. 

Last couple of months  have been very exciting as i was looking for my off road car with all the advices, research and test drives . The new car prices (and availability) and used car prices (and the evaluations / conditions) have also been humbling revelations. Was also lucky to get some management contracts at Ford that facilitated the final Bronco purchase and delivery. But had nearly finalized and bought 4 other vehicles! 

Have  been the desert in the heat a couple of time now...and driven a (reluctant and worried!) friend's Nissan Patrol V8. Great experience. And..no nothing happened to his V8 Y62 ..though he was biting his nails (more worried about his car than me!!). 

Ultimately ..as per my learnings here in the Carnity Forum...it is the driver, temperament, skills (and willingness to continuously learn more from all) and the community (for support and encouragements ) and not entirely about vehicles and modifications. 

Looking forward to seeing some of you soon!

image.jpeg.cdf488829c9afdcc34a5af038e5e83a9.jpeg

Wow looks fantastic!! Congrats on the prancing horse ! See you soon in one of the drives !!

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."