Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lesaily Run III (Lisaili to Qudra) - Dubai - 8 July 2023

Looper

Was great driving with everyone on Saturday, thanks @Looper for the drive, @Ranjan Das for sweeping and great job by @Mohit Gurnani in Second lead along with the rest of the teams in the convoy. Think looper covered off quite well with his debrief. I didn't see much of the people behind but was watching closely @Rk ram and @Deepak Eswar

@Rk ram as i mentioned, once you get the balance and momentum right in climbing the side of the crests you will be able to position the car a  little more "on top" of the crest before crossing to the other side. It will be come easier with a little more practice.

@Deepak Eswar your Rubicon is powerful car but short wheel base makes it little less stable on the crests. Try to find the right balance of speed vs momentum and don't be afraid to steer down, loop round and attempt again if the car starts to fish-tail. Looper has his name for that exact reason :)

See you all again soon

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Rob S said:

Looper has his name for that exact reason :)

Totally agree. Better loop as many times as you can than to get into trouble.

In the earlier days of my driving I used to breakdown the riding / cross crossing into 3 distinct steps I will take.

1. Climb the ridge - do it will commitment and affirmatively 

2. balance on the ridge and center yourself - do not try to rush.

3. Exit with the nose down - do not slip of it while getting down. 

you need to practice a lot. I myself don’t like doing it so in my drives you won’t find many times but you may join drives by @GauravSoni and @Varun Mehndiratta who regularly post drives for the practice. 

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

17 hours ago, Rob S said:

Was great driving with everyone on Saturday, thanks @Looper for the drive, @Ranjan Das for sweeping and great job by @Mohit Gurnani in Second lead along with the rest of the teams in the convoy. Think looper covered off quite well with his debrief. I didn't see much of the people behind but was watching closely @Rk ram and @Deepak Eswar

@Rk ram as i mentioned, once you get the balance and momentum right in climbing the side of the crests you will be able to position the car a  little more "on top" of the crest before crossing to the other side. It will be come easier with a little more practice.

@Deepak Eswar your Rubicon is powerful car but short wheel base makes it little less stable on the crests. Try to find the right balance of speed vs momentum and don't be afraid to steer down, loop round and attempt again if the car starts to fish-tail. Looper has his name for that exact reason :)

See you all again soon

Hi Rob, I appreciate your observation and valuable comments, and I have noted; and will carefully practice and implement it during my future drives. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide your valuable input.

16 hours ago, Looper said:

Totally agree. Better loop as many times as you can than to get into trouble.

In the earlier days of my driving I used to breakdown the riding / cross crossing into 3 distinct steps I will take.

1. Climb the ridge - do it will commitment and affirmatively 

2. balance on the ridge and center yourself - do not try to rush.

3. Exit with the nose down - do not slip of it while getting down. 

you need to practice a lot. I myself don’t like doing it so in my drives you won’t find many times but you may join drives by @GauravSoni and @Varun Mehndiratta who regularly post drives for the practice. 

Hi Gowtham, Well noted and will practice it in future drives. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use