•  
Advertise here

Daily car or second car?

2 minutes ago, controlz said:

Are there any owners of Rubicons in Carnity that are happy with their car!? I love the rubicon and it feels like the best value in the market right now, but you've made me second guess myself.

@DP1011 @Davie Chase

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Pavel Pashkovskiy said:

@controlz A happy and proud rubicon (stock No mods)  owner since  Dec 2021😅, and thats my only car, for both off road and on road. 4DR, for 3 ppl, self, spouse and One future offroader who is currently 12 yrs old😂

4Dr - Bcos its my daily use car too, helps me with storage during winter campings too. Been with club since I became the owner and no looking back since then. If you believe desert is going to be your second home, I would not hesitate to recommend you to go for rubicon, as regards your second car, for on road,  you need to consider daily usage, if its 20-25 mins one way commute perhaps one rubicon should work, else you might want to think of alternative.
But then over a period you will get used to it and wont like getting into other car😅

I now dont feel like having one more for my on road.   

• Thanks (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Pavel Pashkovskiy said:

I think you are talking about gear ratio, but not transfer case ratio.

@Pavel Pashkovskiy  I’ve been doing some reading and my understanding is the rubicon ratio is only relevant in 4L, but most driving on sand is in 4H anyway. 

2 hours ago, controlz said:

Are there any owners of Rubicons in Carnity that are happy with their car!? I love the rubicon and it feels like the best value in the market right now, but you've made me second guess myself.

Hi @controlz had Sahara and as @Gaurav mentioned recently moved to Rubicon around 7/8 months back. 

For me both have been my daily and off-road ride. Have loved them both on road as well as off road. Just like you Leather seats was a must thing for me - mainly as with young kids I know the pain of maintaining fabric. Plus for my on road, I needed the comforts of nice cooling system , good audio system, a decent feel on cabin and bit of electronics - we are in 2023, car without CarPlay - not going to work for me 😀, for my Sahara even went with the adaptive cruise, collision warning rtc. 

With JL, all these are good and meet the standard I was hoping for … surely isn’t a X5 but good enough to make it for comfort drive. I have a 2yo and over last 1-1.5 year we have multiple long drives as a testament to comfort. Surely Sahara was on road more comfortable compared to Rubicon - mainly because of more aggressive Tyres on Rubicon but diff is minor. And this was after moving from a Lexus IS300 sedan to Jeep as my daily drive. Again not saying it’s as smooth but didn’t feel the gap I initially expected. With JL (I.e 2018 onward) Jeep has really changed the game wrt city drive. And it literally grows over time.

Reg off road capabilities - Wrangler stock is super cool - over two year of off-roading including leading drives for almost a year now, I never felt real need to upgrade.
Did gear ratio in Rubicon made a diff for me when I switched from Sahara - yes felt it for first few drives, perhaps a month. Once got adapted, I don’t think I am missing any element. And ofcourse with Dana 44 and diff locks, Rubicon surely brings in much more value. 

The fact that I can take doors/roof off during winter is a big plus. That feel is just another level.

Having said, I have an adv, we needed two cars - for me and one for wife. So for the other one we went for a comfortable Volvo s90. So yes, for days when official things call for something more comfortable, a bit more luxurious cabin feel with some specific passengers - I do use that 😀 Or the days I have my or wife’s parents here and don’t want them to go through the discomfort of climbing up on my Rubicon, I use my wife car. 

Since you have decent budget, unless you regularly have these specific needs like I mentioned above, go for a new Wrangler - it will meet most needs. Used wranglers JL are super expensive these days, found it more logic friendly to buy new and buying a sport and trying to upgrade - somehow maths hasn’t been convincing for me. 

Hope it helps. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, controlz said:

@Pavel Pashkovskiy  I’ve been doing some reading and my understanding is the rubicon ratio is only relevant in 4L, but most driving on sand is in 4H anyway. 

😁😁 you will be driving in 4H only until you will try 4L. There is special technics how to drive in 4L including manual gear shifting and other tricks. You definitely reach that as soon you become experienced Wrangler driver.

Anyway, don't want to open Pandoras box at least in this topic. I want to tell you something different to look in to it from another side. Wrangler - it's Lego in car world. This is only car you can build and re-build by yourself according needs, taste and wishes. By buying fully loaded (big question actually) Rubicon, you passing your opportunity to build your own car to the manufacturer. Owning Jeep Wrangler it's  a lifestyle. And by missing opportunity to do your own modification, you are loosing big part of your lifestyle. Absolutely everything coming on stock Rubicons are lower than medium rated components in compare with what you can put on it by yourself. Even heavy duty Dana 44 axels can be easily damaged by non-experienced driver in first desert drive. Instead of that you can do axel reinforcement in some high rated garage for less than 2k aed, and will get lifetime warranty on it. Stock shocks, even Fox are very basic. For good performance you need to put at least cold air intake and exhaust from 3rd party professional manufacturers. Every Wrangler engine in Middle East must be re-tunned, even GCC specs, because it's coming with US setting, which is not enough in very hot climat here. You will get totally different car after all modifications, but will loose warranty. This is why my suggestion to not look for brand new car from dealer.

Instead of hunting for stock multimedia system with car play, you can put some system from Carobotor. Good apholstery shops will make leather upgrades for you which non of stock owner can even dream, any color and combination. All your modifications will cost you minimum 2-3 time cheaper than getting it in stock car, but your car will be performing 10 times better than stock. All what you need is just avoid double payning for that. Better to get stock Sport, and modify it till the level much higher than Rubicon, and it will be still cheaper. This is what i called to be Wrangler owner and living Jeep Wrangler lifestyle. By skipping this, you are loosing all experience for what this car was done.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1