• Β 

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - HALLOWEEN DRIVE: Searching for Ghost Town - Sharjah - 29 Oct 2023

Ale Vallecchi

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

@Soufianeyou did great on the scenic drive, and there were a few technical dunes involved where you needed to precisely point the 4x4 otherwise you would ended in a pocket. You will be fine to join this drive.

@SoufianeΒ Looking forward to seeing you again my friendπŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ§™β€β™€οΈπŸ§™β€β™€οΈπŸ§™β€β™€οΈπŸ§™β€β™€οΈ be ready to find the ghosts πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

IMG_4308.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 4

@Ale VallecchiΒ Any recommendations/ideas Β for best place to get some car costumesπŸ˜‚!Β 
Β 

ALL THE BEST TO ALL FOR THE RACE TO WIN BOUNTY OF TREATS!

Edited by DP1011

On 10/25/2023 at 4:03 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @Lea Degner. I hope all is well. Did you have the chance to see my post above? Looking forward to hearing from you.Β 

Hi Vallecchi, fully understood your points and thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

I thought I would be eligible due to the fact that I did a 4hour desert driving course with Gaurav the other day and therefore would not be considered absolute newbie but fully understood that I first need to complete a drive with the community to remove that status. Looking forward to a new opportunity maybe next weekend 😌

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Lea Degner said:

Hi Vallecchi, fully understood your points and thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

I thought I would be eligible due to the fact that I did a 4hour desert driving course with Gaurav the other day and therefore would not be considered absolute newbie but fully understood that I first need to complete a drive with the community to remove that status. Looking forward to a new opportunity maybe next weekend 😌

Hi @Lea DegnerΒ - 4 hour desert driving course - Congratulations - and you are no longer a absolute newbie ! Absolute Newbie is a first timer on desert with his/her 4x4 ! So please get prepared to join this drive :)Β - am Sure you will have a good time !Β 

25 minutes ago, Lea Degner said:

Dear @Lea Degner. Thanks for your feedback. Let me ask Gaurav if he feels that you are ready to join the drive (in consideration of the type of terrain), and if he agrees I'll sign you in again. Just give me a little time. Thanks for your patience.

Just now, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Lea Degner. Thanks for your feedback. Let me ask Gaurav if he feels that you are ready to join the drive (in consideration of the type of terrain), and if he agrees I'll sign you in again. Just give me a little time. Thanks for your patience.

Dear @Lea Degner. Gaurav has given me his go-ahead. He has praised your skills.

One question: Gaurav mentioned an issue with theΒ Pajero rear lip (which act as a scooper). Have you fixed it (ex. closed the scooper with metal plate)? If so, there should be no problems. Kindly update.

In the meantimeΒ I will add you back to the drive. Thanks a lot

23 hours ago, DP1011 said:

@Ale VallecchiΒ Any recommendations/ideas Β for best place to get some car costumesπŸ˜‚!Β 
Β 

ALL THE BEST TO ALL FOR THE RACE TO WIN BOUNTY OF TREATS!

@DP1011Β you could always join the skeletor jeep style! πŸ˜‚ all you need is an aerial, skeleton, pliers, and metal wire!Β 
Β 

Β 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DP1011 said:

Hi @SamBhaΒ - You can do that by yourself - Just go on the event and click on Leave event :)Β -Β 

Ahh i tried to search for that but couldn’tΒ 

Β 

seems offroad driving isn't the only thing im learningΒ πŸ˜‰

• Haha (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts

here's the info for tomorrow's morning drive.

TIME: Yes, it's 7:30 AM (that's not a mistake). I like later starts, as I've realized the difference in temperature is actually minimum compared to a 6:00 am start, but the mood of the drivers (at least mine) is surely better 😁

MEETING PLACE: See the updated drive's post for Google Maps directions. It's located off of E44, in the village of Rafadah, just between Badayer's Quad rentals area, and the town of Al Madam (which you do not have to reach). I'll try to reach plenty ahead of time, so you will see me waiting at the deflating and starting point along the village's track.

DRIVING PLAN: We'll enter just behind the big dune of Iftar Bowl, we'll head north toward Badayer, circling the big dune and aiming for a couple of tall sand pyramids just beyond, driving along their slopes, before looping back, passing Iftar Bowl again, and Super Bowl, and finally heading through tighter technical dunes toward our exit at Ghost Town. We should take anywhere between 3 and 4 hours.

CONVOY ORDER:

@IshakΒ in Second Lead

@Lea DegnerΒ at #3

@SUMEDH KRISHNA WAGHMAREΒ at #4

@SoufianeΒ at #5

@Mahesh_Β at #6

@ArravindΒ #7

@JERINE_BΒ at Center

@Martin MΒ at #9

@Usman BasitΒ at #10

@frederic demolderΒ at #11

@Anas ArifΒ #12 and

@Theo09Β in Sweep

REQUIRED ATTIRE: Please wear a mask, a costume, a face painting, car decorations, or anything else that will show you are in the proper Halloween moodΒ πŸ₯Έ. Kids and families are welcomed. Keep in mind that we'll exit at Ghost Town, where we'll walk into the ghost village to take a photo of the group, before visiting the houses disappearing beneath the dunes. The best "attired" member/car will receive a pumpkin full of treats. The tricks will be those we'll have to adopt while driving to Ghost Town.

Enjoy your Saturday and see you tomorrow.

Β 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Γ—
Γ—

Important Information

Terms of use