•  

Sonic Desert Experience Sitdown- The Dark Side Of The Moon Album - Dubai- 4Nov 2023

Frederic

Will you be camping that night at the location ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be camping that night at the location ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

57 minutes ago, Sreenath G said:I'm making Briyani. So will get for 10pax. Which we can share..😍 I hope it is allowed. 

Hi @Sreenath G, I am at Sherlock House 1 Motor City.. Thanks 😂🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

@Frederic

Hi Fredrick. Soufiane here, apologies unfortunately due to an accident that blocked me for 30min on the way, I will not be able to make it before 30min from now. Please don’t wait up on me. 

sorry again, 

and big thanks. 

• Sad (0) 1

Thank you all for joining ! The weather was pleasant and the company and food even more so !

Please do let me know which things can be improved. This was the first time we organized something like this and I’d love to repeat it this coming winter a couple more times. 

From my personal opinion we should perhaps try to find a more central location inbetween Abu Dhabi and Dubai / Sharjah as we have people joining in from several Emirates and it would be good if we could find a location that’s suitable for all. 

Perhaps also next time we can meetup a bit earlier before dark so it’s easier to set up camp 🏕️ while still having some day light.

Stay tuned for more to come !

@LooperThank you so much for safely taking out the campers this morning.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thank you @Frederic for organizing something amazing and different evening to sit down and relax.

I love the whole concept of the projector, sound and amazing weather to enjoy outdoors.

Next request for some all-time classic movie screening in the sand.

Thanks, everyone for joining to make this a huge success.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

when we get enough Rammshtein fans we could do a German Neue Deutsche Härte night.. I've counted three on this drive) not safe for women and kids) 

.. just kidding. Was a good format, the ambience in the desert is awesome. In the afterpatry we had some good insights into Doors with @Gok Krish and his surround speakers, thanks for this.

Edited by AlexM
  • Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Frederic thank you very much for organizing this event and it was wonderful..my son had the first night out camping in the desert and he likes it too much....all good but I would like to highlight one thing...not being a spoil sport here...but appreciate the guys who join have a basic understanding of keeping the music down atleast after the midnight.. my son and wife had difficulty sleeping..it went on like till 1:45... I could hear @Looper asking them to keep it down but I guess every one is in the top of their excitement level....it was fun and I appreciate the event...it's so good to have this kinds of event often...but silent after 12 please.....

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you @Frederic for the event. @Looper for guiding us back to safety. @Gok Krish Nice to catch up. Was fun, will come better prepared for the next one. Wondering if there are any Nirvana ppl to lobby for Unplugged in New York screening?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Epic Weekend Getaway!

Hello  @Frederic, organisers, and Awesome Fellow Adventurers,

A quick message to say a massive THANK YOU for last weekend's desert night out. It was simply epic! From the thrilling morning desert drive back to the road @Looper to the unforgettable night under the desert stars, you made it all happen. And that movie, "The Dark Side of the Moon." was the cherry on top! @Frederic

Frederic and team, you rock! Your planning skills are off the charts, and everything ran like clockwork.

To fellow adventurers and guests you're all legends. Whether we were tackling sand dunes, huddled around the campfire(lights), or getting lost in the movie, music and party your company made the trip.

@Gok Krish, Pleasure meeting you. your surround system are amazing. Need to learn more about it in coming meet up.

The beauty of nature, the rush of adventure, and the bonds we made—on the weekend had it all. Special Thank you the campers and @Looper, @Frederic

Let's keep the memories alive, awaiting for next announcement , and make each one as unforgettable as this. Until our next great escapade!

NB: now I know what to bring next time 😉. Except biriyani. 

Cheers and Happy Diwali!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use