Morning Newbie Desert Drive - The Lisaili Challenge - Dubai - 11 Nov 2023

Islam Soliman

38 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

pls see the above and send your feedback before tomorrow noon time

thanks for expanding the group.

Pajero SWB, white, stock towing points available. Prepared for mild over-landing (slight lift, spacers, nothing extreme). Over 2M kms on my clock and several seasons of racing - it's like a career shift, I guess. Overlanding and beach driving experience from past life - nothing you guys would consider a pro thing, so after watching your guides I am humbly stating here for the record: a full blown noob ready to learn new things. I'm only missing a... shovel, but I guess it's something I will be able to get tomorrow during the day...

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Great to have you @was003 .. looking forward for driving with you and learning from your vast experience 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/9/2023 at 12:16 AM, Islam Soliman said:

Thanks all for signing up for this drive and looking forward for driving with all of you .

Welcome @Rahul6157 and @Rohit Deginal to @Carnity. As this is your first drive with the club I will need you to please go through the video and mandatory readings in the main drive post and confirm back once done. Also need the following details:

- details of your car (make, color, 4WD High and Low gear, front and rear tow points)

- details about your previous off-road experience (if any)

- you must have an offroad safety flag

- programable radio is required however if you don’t have one let me know to have one for you until you get your own

Hi @Rahul6157 and @Rohit Deginal , I didn't get response from you yet. Are you planing to join us tomorrow? if so will need your response before 3:00pm today please so I can close the convoy plan

48 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

Hi @Rahul6157 and @Rohit Deginal , I didn't get response from you yet. Are you planing to join us tomorrow? if so will need your response before 3:00pm today please so I can close the convoy plan

Hello! @Islam Soliman we're both excited to join the drive and will be there! 

- My car: Pajero LWB 3.8 brown, 4WD with stock front and rear tow points, ironman 2" lift and safety flag.

- @Rahul6157 : Patrol (Y62) 4.0 Silver, 4WD with stock front and rear tow points and safety flag. 

- First time off-roading in the desert, although been in the co-driver's seat more than a couple of times so have a fair bit of an idea of what to expect, looking forward to your guidance first-hand! 

From the list, we're missing the tire inflator though. 

Excited to join you guys! 

Edited by Rohit Deginal
addition
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rohit Deginal said:

Hello! @Islam Soliman we're both excited to join the drive and will be there! 

- My car: Pajero LWB 3.8 brown, 4WD with stock front and rear tow points, ironman 2" lift and safety flag.

- @Rahul6157 : Patrol (Y62) 4.0 Silver, 4WD with stock front and rear tow points and safety flag. 

- First time off-roading in the desert, although been in the co-driver's seat more than a couple of times so have a fair bit of an idea of what to expect, looking forward to your guidance first-hand! 

From the list, we're missing the tire inflator though. 

Excited to join you guys! 

Thanks a lot for your response @Rohit Deginal.. do you have programmable radios?

also pls ensure you go through the video and reading material in the main drive post before the drive 

6 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

Thanks a lot for your response @Rohit Deginal.. do you have programmable radios?

also pls ensure you go through the video and reading material in the main drive post before the drive 

Oh yes we do have the radios.! 

noted on the videos and material. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mostafa Nasef said:

@Islam SolimanHi Islam. Sorry, had to remove my name from the list. 

Thanks for letting me know @Mostafa Nasef .. next time then

Time to wrap up our final prep for tomorrow... RSVP is now closed!

Dear  @Rob S @Simon D @Anish S  @frederic demolder @TheUsualSuspect @Mahmut SARILI  @Zeeshan Patel @Robk  @Rahul6157 @was003 @Rohit Deginal   @Kevin_ @ARS @Mike M. ..

P.S. due to the Dubai International Baja event it's expected to have heavy traffic all around Al Audra Desert and possible restrictions  both on road and offroad.

Hence in the morning please plan enough time for your drive to the  meeting point in anticipation of any detours, better take Alain road if possible to avoid Alqudra/Last Exit. Also we will be flexible on the sand based on any restrictions due to the event.

Drive safe and see you all in the morning

Important Pre-drive Details below:

• Be ready at the meeting point by 6:30am (or before) with tires deflated (Front 14psi Rear 13psi) and flag erected
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 3 (446,056)
  • For first timers, pls ensure you complete the readings and video in the main drive post before the morning
  • Briefing will be done on the sand before we start moving. 
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your tire deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor, safety flag and radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)
  • MeetingPoint:  Lisaili Fort https://maps.app.goo.gl/Hdek3MznzY9FpyLt6?g_st=ic
  • Convoy Order:
  • image.png.c1c216901acd5bb18e442219cb5122b8.png
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use