•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 25 Nov 2023

JeromeFJ

Dear Desert Drivers, 

@Richard Franks @lucas amat @Faraz94 @Benjamin @Sreenath G @essam ibrahim @Bjoern @Dan S @Cha @Mahesh_ @Stan @Waqar Sarwar @Zulfikhar Naiyar @Joseph Raju

Last updates for tomorrow morning.

Meeting at 06:45 at  https://maps.app.goo.gl/jCBBdP6rFmQJ9F9E6

The convoy order will be 

image.png.f4a80be4d11883f420e4d442231725ee.png

Unfortunately, I cannot accept the remaining wait list. 

We will use Carnity Radio Channel 4

Enjoy the evening, take a good rest, and see you tomorrow morning

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I really apologize guys I just woke up to a new orientation shift change within my work last min, I unfortunately now won’t have the time to make it for the drive :( I’ll make sure this doenst happen again. Was really looking forward to catching up @JeromeFJ

Dear Desert Drivers

Thank you for joining the drive this morning. It was a long convoy, and you managed to keep your focus and concentration whatever your position. No stuck, a few minor refusals, it shows your capabilities, going through the dunes, despite the bums and bushes that are difficult to avoid in this area. 

After a warm up in this nice environment, we reached the long ridges, where the words "control your car" take a specific meaning. As we have all experienced starting on a wide flat ridge is nice and easy, when the ridge becomes sharp and narrow, when its going up, or down, when it is turning,  it becomes another story, and keeping the balance of the the car requires your full skills and concentration.

You did all very well at this, the most important being to keep the control, and to go down safely when you feel you are not making it. We kept enjoying until @Joseph Raju and @Faraz94 got crested (thank you @Cha for the quick tug). it was probably a sign to move to something else.

After a small technical portion, we finished the drive in a nice and easy rolling set of white dunes, before joining the sabkha and looping back to our starting point. Thank you @Joseph Raju for the second lead, @Richard Franks for the sweep (even if you were so far behind, I couldn't hear you on the radio), @Cha for great support from the middle, keeping the convoy together. @lucas amat @Faraz94 @Sreenath G @essam ibrahim @Dan S @Mahesh_  @Stan very well driven, adjusting your driving according to the capabilities of your cars. For the more experienced drivers, @Bjoern, @Waqar Sarwar @Zulfikhar Naiyar thank you for joining and supporting the convoy with excellent team spirit!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hello there @JeromeFJ

Thank you all for the fantastic drive this morning. Your leadership, support, and camaraderie made it an unforgettable experience. For memories, I've uploaded a few pics – capturing the joy and thrill of our journey. Looking forward to more adventures together.

IMG_1083.jpeg

IMG_1090.jpeg

IMG_1091.jpeg

IMG_1099.jpeg

IMG_1092.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use