•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lisalli - Dubai - 16 Dec 2023

Davie Chase

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club Newbie drive, meeting and ending at Lisalli meeting point, all you need is the mandatory gear, lots of enthusiasm and a desire to learn.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  16 December 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:   07:00 - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/KGF6L8VwXMza3tJz7

Approximate finish time:  11:00

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

Hey everyone! 

Ive been on 2 drives (Davie and Vanessa) as a passenger with @Rafey Hashmi. You guys are super structured and have great marshals hence my arrival to Carnity :)

Vehicle details - Nissan Patrol, White, 2012

Do you have any prior off-road experience?

Light off roading on Fujairah beaches

Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.

Confirmed 

Confirm, that you have a tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, programable radio, compressor and safety flag. - Deflator, gauge, radio, flag Confirmed!
Confirm that you have watched the NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING.-

Confirmed

Hope to see you guys soon :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Abdullah Nasim1 said:

Hey everyone! 

Ive been on 2 drives (Davie and Vanessa) as a passenger with @Rafey Hashmi. You guys are super structured and have great marshals hence my arrival to Carnity :)

Vehicle details - Nissan Patrol, White, 2012

Do you have any prior off-road experience?

Light off roading on Fujairah beaches

Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.

Confirmed 

Confirm, that you have a tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, programable radio, compressor and safety flag. - Deflator, gauge, radio, flag Confirmed!
Confirm that you have watched the NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING.-

Confirmed

Hope to see you guys soon :)

@Abdullah Nasim1 welcome to the Carnity family, looking forward to having you in the other seat on Saturday, see you soon :)

• Like (+1) 1

Good morning @Gagandeep

As this looks to be your first drive with us, kindly take the time to watch the Newbie briefing video below:

Please also introduce yourself on below bullet points:

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Let us know if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Good morning @Dylan7

I understood that you were not allowed to participate in last week’s drive due to low ground clearance. 

Kindly have a look at the article below. In the case of Porsche Cayenne, this vehicle does not possess the min requirement ground clearance to join our drives, and furthermore the approach angle on front bumper would mean you would damage it very soon. 

Kindly remove your RSVP from this drive. 

Thanks for your understanding.

• Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

Good morning @Gagandeep

As this looks to be your first drive with us, kindly take the time to watch the Newbie briefing video below:

Please also introduce yourself on below bullet points:

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Let us know if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Hi @Frederic

Thank you for sharing the video, it's really helpful. Here are the details, as requested:

- I drive a Lexus GX460, 2017 model, White color

- I have no prior off-roading experience. I am excited and a bit nervous at the same time :)

- I have not installed any additional tow hooks to the car. If someone can help/guide me with where to get these installed from, would be really helpful

- I do not have the radio or safety flag at the moment. Since this would be my first drive, I would also need to procure all the other equipment listed in the checklist: air compressor, tyre deflator, shovel, pressure gauge etc. Are "Newbies" allowed to join their first drive without these or is it a must to procure these before the drive?

Really looking forward to my first off-roading experience. If someone can guide me on how/where to procure all the mandatory items, would be really helpful :)

Regards

Gagandeep

31 minutes ago, Gagandeep said:

Hi @Frederic

Thank you for sharing the video, it's really helpful. Here are the details, as requested:

- I drive a Lexus GX460, 2017 model, White color

- I have no prior off-roading experience. I am excited and a bit nervous at the same time :)

- I have not installed any additional tow hooks to the car. If someone can help/guide me with where to get these installed from, would be really helpful

- I do not have the radio or safety flag at the moment. Since this would be my first drive, I would also need to procure all the other equipment listed in the checklist: air compressor, tyre deflator, shovel, pressure gauge etc. Are "Newbies" allowed to join their first drive without these or is it a must to procure these before the drive?

Really looking forward to my first off-roading experience. If someone can guide me on how/where to procure all the mandatory items, would be really helpful :)

Regards

Gagandeep

It’s very normal to be a bit nervous @Gagandeep, but I’m sure you’ll have a great morning out with us. 

There’s a couple of things which will be required for your first drive:

1. Pressure Gauge, deflator 
2. air compresor to re-inflate your tires  
3. Off-Road flag 

The other items you can purchase after your first drive. 
You can head out to the following places to get your stuff: 

-Dragon Mart 

-Ace or Speedex hardware stores.

We can lend you a spare radio for your first drive. In case you’re heading to Dragon Mart they sell the radios. Go for Crony MT777 or Baofeng UV5R. 

Edragonmall.com is the online site from Dragon Mart and they deliver, so that’s also an option. 

see also below: 

54 minutes ago, Frederic said:

It’s very normal to be a bit nervous @Gagandeep, but I’m sure you’ll have a great morning out with us. 

There’s a couple of things which will be required for your first drive:

1. Pressure Gauge, deflator 
2. air compresor to re-inflate your tires  
3. Off-Road flag 

The other items you can purchase after your first drive. 
You can head out to the following places to get your stuff: 

-Dragon Mart 

-Ace or Speedex hardware stores.

We can lend you a spare radio for your first drive. In case you’re heading to Dragon Mart they sell the radios. Go for Crony MT777 or Baofeng UV5R. 

Edragonmall.com is the online site from Dragon Mart and they deliver, so that’s also an option. 

see also below: 

@Gagandeep as @Frederic says we are all nervous to start off with but do not worry about it you will do fine and you will surely enjoy every minute of the drive. I am sure once you have completed this drive you will get bitten by the off-road bug like we all did :).

We have plenty of spare radios, but you will need the other gear and a radio for your subsequent drives. 

Looking forward to meeting you at Lisalli on Saturday morning :):)

Hi @Frederic Thank you. No problem, I leaved the activity.

But I tested my car , the Approach angle almost 30° and ground clearance equals 220mm.  

Can I  have a try next time If I take the risk of damaging something? 

I saw a video that many cayenne had fun on sand. My wheels are like the red car (295/35 R21), a little bit flat, but ground clearance higher than it and same with other car, and I should be more cautious than the owner of the red car.

I’d like to try once at least with my car if possible in the future. Have a challenge . What do you think? 

7 hours ago, Frederic said:

Good morning @Dylan7

I understood that you were not allowed to participate in last week’s drive due to low ground clearance. 

Kindly have a look at the article below. In the case of Porsche Cayenne, this vehicle does not possess the min requirement ground clearance to join our drives, and furthermore the approach angle on front bumper would mean you would damage it very soon. 

Kindly remove your RSVP from this drive. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by Dylan7

1 hour ago, Dylan7 said:

Hi @Frederic Thank you. No problem, I leaved the activity.

But I tested my car , the Approach angle almost 30° and ground clearance equals 220mm.  

Can I  have a try next time If I take the risk of damaging something? 

I saw a video that many cayenne had fun on sand. My wheels are like the red car (295/35 R21), a little bit flat, but ground clearance higher than it and same with other car, and I should be more cautious than the owner of the red car.

I’d like to try once at least with my car if possible in the future. Have a challenge . What do you think? 

Hi @Dylan7 does the car have active air suspension? That could be the reason your clearance could reach the minimum requirement.

The main issue is your tire sidewall height (35) which is a very thin race tire. This is absolutely not recommended for off-roading as you’d be damaging them very soon. 

My personal recommendation would be to perhaps try a Masterclass, which is a 1-1 training that allows the marshal to specifically tailor the terrain for you and your SUV and avoid steep technical dunes. That way it might be easier for you to learn what’s possible with the car.  After that session you can decide for yourselves if it’s worth the risk vs cost and if upgrading to all terrain tires would be worth it. 

If you have the active air suspension, and front and rear recovery points, the car can be accepted for joining a Newbie drive as it qualifies and ticks the required boxes. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use