•  

Fewbie Exploration Drive - "Liwa Yellow Truck" - Abu Dhabi - 7 Jan 2024

1 hour ago, Aser said:

Could you elaborate a bit as it will be my first time there and I also have a lifted car?

The dunes in Liwa are amongst the biggest you’ll ever see. If you are used to your car by now and how it handles, that’s fine, but if you changed your vehicle or just installed a lift kit, the way the car behaves will be different and you will need be extra careful by not overestimating what yourself or your car can do.

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@PAJERO petelczyc luke @Aser @JohanE @Rk ram @Marek_was003 @Julien Recan @Joseph Raju @Mus_hus78 thank you all for joining the drive

Convoy Positions

image.png.c48386a42bced7fb7e9c53f1005db00f.png

Drive Preparation:

1. Ensure that your 4x4 is well serviced recently and all the lubes and fluids are topped up.

2. 20 Liter fuel jerry can. (not mandatory, if you have jerry can please carry)

3. A full fuel tank at the meeting point. (MUST) Last petrol station is in Madinat Zayed City  https://goo.gl/maps/ftaRfCF9CqyMReiZ7

4. Spare tyre should be in good working condition. If not been used recently, ensure that you take it out and check the condition properly. Also ensure that you have the wrench that can be used to remove your tyre (if needed). 

5. Air compressor, proper shovel, flag, fire extinguisher, first aid kit,

6. Fully charged radio (tuned to all Carnity Frequencies) with spare battery or car carger/ radio. If you have a car charger for your radio, please bring it along. 

7. All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. If it requires pulling the fuse, please research before the drive or  post your queries on this drive post or forum and our experts would assist you.

8. Car charger / battery pack for your mobile.

9. Plenty of water, approx 10 liter per person

10. Bring along your breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc in easy to eat packing. We shall be having breaks in between the drive.

11. Dry food, energy bar, cookies, nuts, crisp to munch while driving

12. Bring garbage bags along to carry your trash. Littering in the desert is strictly prohibited.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Crowbar 😜

21 minutes ago, Rk ram said:

@Asif Hussain I have a spare tyre but the liver to release is missing  and not finding it to buy.. can Istll come for the drive...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

32 minutes ago, Rk ram said:

@Asif Hussain I have a spare tyre but the liver to release is missing  and not finding it to buy.. can Istll come for the 

@Rk ram If you are driving xterra then it is fine... see you tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use