•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 03 Feb 2024

JeromeFJ

8 minutes ago, monkeywrench said:

Hi, I am going to have to drop out of this drive due to last minute work commitments.

My apologies 

Thank you for informing ahead. See you next time 

44 minutes ago, Sviatoslav said:

Just to confirm, can I take passengers (like friends/family) to the drive?

If you are an absolute beginner (zero off-road experience) it’s not recommended. If you have driven in the desert before and have basic experience, then you should be fine.

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

18 minutes ago, Frederic said:

If you are an absolute beginner (zero off-road experience) it’s not recommended. If you have driven in the desert before and have basic experience, then you should be fine.

Yes you can, as you had already a few drives before. Just ensure they don't distract you during driving, and they are ready to remain seated in the car for a few hours

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Thank you for joining the drive today, with a spirit of adventure and discovery. We were lucky to have very nice sand conditions, slightly compacted by the rain of the previous days, and the dunes were clean, with very little cross tracks. 

After the entrance track, we started smoothly riding the dunes, passing from one side to the other, testing the grip of the tyres, giving a bit of gas to climb a steeper dune. We tested the first crossing, trying to get sufficient momentum to cross, but not too much to avoid flying. We had all the configurations, with a few cars crested, good opportunities to test shovelling, and recovery with a rope. Every one improved from one crossing to the other.

In the second portion, the dunes were becoming higher, and we did a few nice climbs, pushing the revs, and getting the feeling needed to control the car in the descents. We continued climbing, keeping an accurate line to avoid the deep sand pockets, until I got stuck on a flat patch of soft sand. @Davie Chase helped me out with his winch, and we reversed our way. 

On the way down, a narrow crossing was the challenge of the day. Climbing straight, going down into a V shaped pocket, and pushing straight to exit. @Sviatoslav had a pop out, again an opportunity to understand in which configuration it can happen, and how to fix it ! The next cars crossed one by one, great achievement from each of you.

After a small "educational" break, we finished the descent crossing a technical portion to reach the sabkha, and from there the exit track.

@Sviatoslav thank you for the 2nd lead, and congratulation for your 1st Newbie drive with Carnity. You need to get the feeling of the momentum, but it will come with more drives. Very well done.

@Wilfredo Perez, same here, you were too fast on the first crossing, but for the rest, very well done. You will get used to the different sand conditions. 

@Juzer Talib nice control of the Pajero, you were comfortable in most of the situations.

@Tatsiana Chase very nice handling of the Jeep, perfect adjustment of the power for the crossings, you will get more confident with practice. Continue to enjoy !

@Damian, you made the best use of the LC, a bit too much power in some occasions, but nothing critical. You will enjoy more and more the capabilities of you car.

@Hani Howeedy taking the long truck across sharp ridges is not easy at all. You ticked your 3 crests ;) ! Well driven along the different challenges of the day. 

@ozgu, smooth  riding with the Y61, continue to enjoy!

@SamBha the second Y61 very well done also. We will find more technical dunes the next time !

@Mehmet Volga it was a pleasure and a great comfort for me to have you in the back, thank you for joining with your new ride !

@Davie Chase, the most helpful passenger of the day ! Thanks again for the great support!

Thank you all for the common effort during the recoveries, your patience when needed, and your willingness to learn ! Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and see you in a next drive !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear @JeromeFJ 

Thank you for leading the fantastic experience we had today! Really nice driving, nice dunes, excellent guidance and collaboration.

Special thanks to @Davie Chase for his recommendations and expertise!

@Mehmet Volga you were like a black comet, assisting everyone, everywhere.

Thanks for taking care of us, See you on the next episode!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you @JeromeFJ @Davie Chase @Mehmet Volga for your top notch guidance & support that gave me lot of confidence and understanding of the terrain as well as the vehicle, which will in time improve my skills further and have a better understanding for all future drives.

Cheers to an excellent morning of adventure!! Until we meet again🫡

20240203_091225.jpg

20240203_092113.jpg

20240203_100901.jpg

20240203_092304.jpg

20240203_091131.jpg

20240203_090350.jpg

20240203_090335.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

It was a great drive with a well needed learning curve and knowledge. Thank you @JeromeFJ for this route you chose, which definitely challenged us. 
 There is always a peace of mind knowing @Davie Chase is joining and fun. Of course @Mehmet Volga was a pleasure meeting and observing you drive in the desert like it is your back ride. 

• Thanks (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use