•  

Fewbie Plus Desert Drive (2 DAYS) - The Untamed Liwa - Abu Dhabi - 02-03 March 2024

Frederic

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

@Alphin Aloor @Pascal@Rafey Hashmi@Richard Franks@Gautam Banka@Amr A@AlexM@Asif Hussain@Senthil Kumar@Ranjan Das@DP1011@M.Seidam

Waitlisted: @Imran Asghar@Salim Akhtar

As we have now 13 cars, and two waitlisted members, this will definitely be a challenge to make it across and execute the planned route. If anyone is willing and free to shift to the second convoy led by @GauravSoni (which has only 2 cars for now), please do let us know and you are free to shift to that convoy so ideally, we can balance out the total RSVP which will be more fun and will allow for a more fluid experience.

In any case, as mentioned before, both convoys will be doing very similar routes, and will meetup the same evening at the camp site.

Hi Fredric, i'm happy driving under both of you leads. Please feel free to move me as required.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:45 PM, Frederic said:

Potential Camping Spots:

OPTION 1. If you prefer to sleep in the car, and want to be nearby the ADNOC LIWA:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/S3iFtPUpegWJrbv78

OPTION 2. If you want to set up your tent nearby the starting point:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/cExrzT4HgyAY44Ve9

Follow the directions for the starting point to pass through the gate, then go a little bit right onto the sabkha. 

OPTION 3. Camp deeper inside LIWA dunes for a tranquil night:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/phKVd7ySsSRX82dTA

Enter at this point and follow the dirt track that leads inside the dunes. It's a hard track with little bit of sand, where deflation is not needed. Guaranteed of a quiet night under the stars. GPX file in attachment.

image.png.9d4a3fcd2fe033483a8d729ee53445bb.png

Liwa Camp.gpx 20.1 kB · 4 downloads

Myself, i will probably go for option 2 and camp nearby the starting point and sleep in the car.

Feel free to let us know what your plan is. The third option is probably the most private one and there is plenty of space in that area to find something that gives you privacy.

Option 2 or 3 for me based on what time i am able to leave Dubai on Friday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Frederic

Thanks for the info. As I will be packing light - I will end up with option 2 on friday night. Wake up early on Saturday, head to the station, freshen up & fuel up and be ready at the meeting point by 7:30AM.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Frederic sorry been busy at work. Would you like me to move to Gauravs convoy for a better spread?

2 minutes ago, Imran Asghar said:

Hi @Frederic sorry been busy at work. Would you like me to move to Gauravs convoy for a better spread?

@Frederic I just removed myself from your drive and added myself to Gauravs 👍🏼

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Gautam Banka said:

I have no issues with moving to @GauravSoni led convoy and am happy to give my mentor some company 🤗

Thanks @Gautam Banka would appreciate it ! It will balance out better :) 

23 hours ago, Ranjan Das said:

Hi Fredric, i'm happy driving under both of you leads. Please feel free to move me as required.

Option 2 or 3 for me based on what time i am able to leave Dubai on Friday.

Thank you so much Ranjan. I will shift you to Gauravsoni his convoy as we are trying to balance out both convoys.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Dear Buddies, I have managed to get 4 rooms from my customer ( ADNOC ) as we are in the Energy ( Oil & Gas ) business and they have COMPANY GUEST CAMP deluxe rooms with dinner arranged. Cost would be AED 235 per person. This location is 1 hr 10 mins ( on E65 AHAB ) If anyone needs it for tomorrow night please reach out to me on WA / Call - 052-8417000. I have availability for 3 rooms after keeping 1 for me. Payment by Cash directly to Camp Manager.

Edited by Gautam Banka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

CONVOY 1 IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.b14d3ad20683780f92355905f5ff6de9.png

@DP1011@Rafey Hashmi@Alphin Aloor@MUSTAFA hussain@Salim Akhtar@Pascal@Richard Franks@AlexM@Amr A@Senthil Kumar@M.Seidam

We will be using Channel 2 - 446.031 Mhz.

See you all tomorrow morning 8AM at the starting point! Safe travels to LIWA !

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Simon D @Batuhan Kulac @Imran Asghar @Gautam Banka @Ranjan Das

Here is the convoy order

IMG_5596.jpeg.c0644ffab5522ee606f0bfd16aef61fc.jpeg

I am happy to see you all on this short convoy! 

I will be camping tonight, reaching the start point around 11.30 pm.. you guys can reach out to me on 0585827986.

please ensure you have read the drive post and ready for tomorrow. (Most important is Spare Tyre) 

Kindly confirm. 

we will decide the radio during briefing.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use