Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 24 Feb 2024

JeromeFJ

On 2/23/2024 at 7:18 AM, Mark B said:

Hi Jerome 

I have come down with flu, so unfortunately will have to drop out 😔

Get well soon @Mark B

• Like (+1) 1

@JeromeFJ great drive today thanks for allowing me the pleasure to sweep the convoy really enjoyed being at the back :)

@Jona great second lead you kept us all on track and safe well done 

@Zulfikhar Naiyar @Patrick van der Loo @Ashutosh Garg you guys drove the wheels off your cars today with zero stucks and only a couple of refusals  well done to all it meant that Jerome could get us across the desert despite our fog bound late start 😀 

Have a great rest of your weekend 

https://www.relive.cc/view/vPv4V1kdkR6

• Thanks (+1) 3

Thank you all for joining the drive this morning, despite the heavy fog on the road. The fog was heavy, and we had to wait until 9:30 am to get enough visibility. But then it was really worth it, the vast dune areas of Sweihan were open for us !

The warm-up was not easy, with the sand wet and soft at the same time, and of course all convoys starting at the same time. But after a few high ridges and bowls, everyone was awake! From one ridge to the other, we made our way to the tall Nagra dune. With a lot of cross tracks, it was not the best conditions, but we managed to cross the summit ridge, and to loop around the faces.

The second portion, continuing in the direction of Nahel, offered clean open dunes, totally empty. Crossing the sabkha we reached the Ghafeteen bowl, nice spot to play once we found the right line. With a last portion of technical dunes, we reached the exit track.

Thank you @Jona for a perfect 2nd lead. Whatever I was doing, you were always there in my mirror, at the same distance. @Zulfikar, well done for your first IM. You lost a few ridges, but the important is being able to control your car in all situations, the rest will come. @Patrick van der Loo, always a pleasure to hear your jeep in the convoy. Very well driven. @Ashutosh Garg, well driven also, but you had 2 near misses. Remain focused on your environment, and think momentum rather than speed to cross obstacles. @Davie Chase, thank you for watching the convoy from the back, it was a peace of mind for me to know you were there;

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you soon !

• Thanks (+1) 3

Live your drives @JeromeFJthabsk for staying in the desert a bit longer. Such a beautiful area and the flow at certain points was just amazing. Having both you and mister @Davie Chasein the convoy and triple suspension @Jonain 2L! What a great set up. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use