•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Mahrani loop - Sharjah - 02 Mar 2024

Looper

Screenshot2024-03-04101611.png.05144d3c8ca56737670ff21d5ac3b706.png

I was travelling with back-to-back meetings throughout the week hence I was a bit cutoff on the communications, while I tried to accommodate as much as possible missed to inform on time for the remaining 3 WL members.

Drive Report:

The morning was chilly & after a quick briefing we started. The plan was to have a quick break at the jungle and then see the cliff faces. The area is mostly bushy, and there is no escape from vegetation if you want clean dunes. The next objective was to go to the far end of the Faya Dunes where we were supposed be riding on the cliff face but an incident with the @Mohammad Sayawoush Azad's patrol that went too near to a bush derailed it. While we went very near, we unfortunately missed those magnificent views. There's always a next time as I perfect this track. On the way back we once again had another incident when the patrol had a popout, but I am glad @Mohammad Sayawoush Azad is well prepared for every situation. The best was kept for the last. By now most of us were already warmed up and had a brief drive around a very very technical area at the start itself that I had deliberately avoided at the beginning of the drive. We finished the drive on time for an extra surprise post drive.

Thank you very much @Ale Vallecchi and @Joji varghese for all your support. I couldn't have done the drive without your help. @Cristian you were an excellent second lead. A lot of new faces for me as I am not doing FB drive a lot these days, but it was an excellent convoy. Thanks, you @Prithvi Raj, @Sandeep Nayar, @Shaun J, @Mahmut, @Mohammad Sayawoush Azad, @Julien Recan, @Haneef Thayyil, @Faraz94 for joining the drive, hope you enjoyed it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Thanks @Looper great first experience with you leading the drive, enjoyed the new location. Thanks to @Joji vargheseand @Ale Vallecchifor your support on the drive, another good experience to learn and develop. Particularly towards the end of the first drive.

@Ale Vallecchithanks for the surprising opportunity to extend the drive towards the Al Badayer side and a chance to play around Big Red.

Thanks to everyone in the convoy, good to meet some more new faces and enjoy what the desert has to offer us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use