Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - (South of Africa) Western Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 06 Apr 2024

On a final note, next time I'm up front somewhere I'll mount the camera facing the back for part of the drive so we can get more action shots of us making our way. 

Have a great week ahead and see you on the sand next time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

41 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for a wonderful drive with a good mix of terrain, camels and @Luke K P that was Ale and I that saw the lizard. It was a good size and speedy.

Thanks @Stumpy for helping me with the stuck gear shifter. As you disassembled the top part it was obvious that the plastic sleeve broke inside, exactly one of your estimations of what went wrong when I pushed it into park that one last time. Your experience came in very handy yet again. 

image.jpeg.63bbcf021c925345dc56f88ec85509a5.jpeg

Carefully using the white plastic part I was able to shift gears and finish the drive. This was a good thing because Ale has said we were quite far from any exit point. This also gave me some long overdue practice driving in Drive because I have gotten accustomed to using Tiptronic. 

image.jpeg.ac3012e1193db7ab402bb8c507233e9d.jpeg

@Stumpy - thanks for the Pajero parts guy tip. He has this part in stock and will only cost me 25 Dhs. Good thing too because the Mitsubishi parts department is closed until Saturday and I want to get a couple of drives in this week. I'll see about replacing that missing dust cover though I think its just broken apart inside.

Here is a fun compilation feature video of our drive on Saturday. If you enjoyed it please visit my YouTube site and smash the Like button.

Here is the raw footage with all the action, sound and commentary. Sorry @Luke K P the lizard was too quick to get shot of it.

I'm just gonna have to find a lizard of my own next time 😅😅 great vid

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use