Morning Newbie Desert Drive – Tawi Nizwa- Sharjah - 15 Jun 2024

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club Newbie drive, exploring the Tawi Nizwa area to include Pink rock and ending around Big Red area.

Please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm and an abundance of willingness to learn with you.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/NjBkdRiyDXGMhMHR9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water & snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 1 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive – Tawi Nizwa- Sharjah - 15 Jun 2024

@carlstanley Welcome to the carnity family, Please use this forum to give us a brief introduction of yourself and also if you could please confirm the following:

- Car make, model, color

- Confirm you have 10-inch front and rear ground clearance 

- Your car is All or 4wheel drive 

- You have fitted and fit for purpose solid front and rear tow hooks

- Please share your previous offroad experience (if any)

- Please confirm you have completed the reading material and watched the video in the main drive post prior to joining the drive

- Please also confirm you have a radio and safety flag.

Lastly please ensure your watch the Absolute Newbie video i posted in the drive post before arriving at the meet point in the morning 

please also ensure your radio is programmed as per the below link

Thanks and look forward to meeting you tomorrow 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear desert wanderers, @Dodi Syahdar, @carlstanley, @J-P L, @Pramod B, @Sameer D., @Benjamin, @Ben Lee, @Rafey Hashmi, @Jeandre Bezuidenhout, @Anoop Nair, @Emanuel and @Gary F, convoy order will be as below and we will be using Ch4 446.801, please ensure your radios are fully charged and programmed to all Carnity channels 

image.png.10ab54afc0799f06fcf7ee804c4b11f5.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks for organising this @Davie Chase

I've been on a Newbie training with Gaurav and looking forward to joining my first group drive. 

I've watched the video and have all the gear in the list, including radio. The only thing is my flag mount isn't correct so I can't mount my flag.

Feel free to text me or call if it's a problem.

See you nice and early tomorrow!

Edited by carlstanley
Added radio to info

@carlstanley we will have a look tomorrow morning and see if we can resolve you flag issue. You will need to get this fixed before your next drive but I am sure we can get you sorted in the morning 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear desert wanderers, @Dodi Syahdar, @carlstanley, @J-P L, @Pramod B, @Sameer D., @Benjamin, @Ben Lee, @Rafey Hashmi, @Jeandre Bezuidenhout, @Anoop Nair, @Emanuel and @Gary F firstly thank you all for being on time and attentive during the briefing this allowed us to get away on time and enjoy the beautiful Tawi nizwa desert as we drove to pink rock and then onwards towards red rock exit.

@Anoop Nair sorry you could not complete the drive, but for sure was the right decision to exit right at the start as soon as you heard that noise, i hope nothing to serious and you get sorted quickly.

@Carl Stanley congrats on your first convoy drive, you drove amazingly well, hope you learnt some new things and also that you got a tad more familiar with your car and your driving style, it will only get better form here on in.

The rest of the convoy drove exceptionally well in some fairly soft sand in places, the desert is for sure drying out and turning more powdery after the rains. so well done to you all.

@Dodi Syahdar great S/L mate always a pleasure to have the bronco roaring away behind me, great job on smoothing the lines for all to follow, well done and see you on one of my drives in the near future.

And our other support tag team of father and son @Gary F and @Benjamin fantastic support from both of you, working the stucks professionally and also giving sound advice to those less experienced as we trundled around the desert. Thanks for the amazing support and see you both again in the sand very soon, @Benjamin in about 4 hours :)

Some pics in the Gallery 

Have a fantastic rest of your weeekend

Davie

• Thanks (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thank you so much @Davie Chase, @Gary F & @Benjamin for the amazing drive we all had. It was indeed a tricky soft sand and lots of learning. Thanks for guiding us in every wrong move we made. And last but not least, the good team 👍

Have a fantastic long weekend and see you soon on sand 😊

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks @Davie Chase, you all made me feel welcome and not like an idiot when I got stuck. 

It was great driving with such a welcoming and enthusiastic bunch today, thank you! 

I've already got a flag mount from Sharjah and waiting for the next Newbie drive.

See you all soon.

20240615_072252.jpg

20240615_073239.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use