Desert Champions Trophy - 2021 - Winning Team

How to Deflate your Tyres

7 hours ago, Ilya Golubinsky said:

Installed these Fast Deflation tire vales - absolutely love it. In Formula Tires got them at 550AED with the installation

Deflating the tire in 15 sec (I normally do 2 meausures to catch the correct pressure, but in any case it takes another 5 sec per tire)

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 00.09.14.png

I noticed the original price at launch was close to 1000Aed. I like the concept and would hope it will withstand sand. Did you had to get the tyres balanced after installation?

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When starting as an off-roading enthusiast in UAE, you will come to hear about deflating your tyres, and setting your tyres to the right tyre pressure is one of the first things you will need to learn

The easy express deflator gizmo wrecked two valves , tried the tyre repairers tool gizmo and it wrecked the valves too    it was then I realised that it wasn’t the tools but me , over tighte

Nice topic and indeed you covered almost all type of deflator for offroading except one more which I have used: Staun. People love their automatic deflation to precise psi you set them, but I cou

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Did you had to get the tyres balanced after installation?

Yes, wheels must be disassembled for installation, and these parts are quite heavy - so for sure

• Like (+1) 1

I have seen these things sold by XXXXX and was at a point very much ready to buy these but settled for a less expensive version of them. I only tried them once and were not accurate. But the stem removal tool is honestly the best tool I have and makes me feels that dont need to spend anymore than that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 12:14 AM, Ilya Golubinsky said:

Installed these Fast Deflation tire vales - absolutely love it. In Formula Tires got them at 550AED with the installation

Deflating the tire in 15 sec (I normally do 2 meausures to catch the correct pressure, but in any case it takes another 5 sec per tire)

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 00.09.14.png

@Ilya Golubinsky,

Thanks for the share. I got these fast deflation valves too, such a life saver😃 

Previously I used to remove the valve core stem, I did not mind waiting 40-50 seconds to remove the stem. But couple of times I had the issue of valve getting stuck. And with BFG's, its not easy to fix quickly. So I wanted an option to avoid valve core stem removal.

This was the perfect solution. Plus the deflation happens for my 285's in 10 seconds.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Got fitted rapid deflation valves today. Just 10 seconds per tyre to deflate now. They pressure up a bit quicker as well. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

PS: The Apex valves don’t work well with the petrol pump air compressors. It might not be a problem for most since all would have a compressor in the car and use it to inflate.

I have a OCD for the correct numbers on my dash and would visit them 1-2 times a week to make sure it is uniform, 😔

• 1 month later...

One more issue with the Apex deflators - they pressure out so fast that they condense the air in the tire as the air cools down rapidly, and it will show a lower pressure till the air inside the tire comes back to normal temperature.

So when I set the tire pressure to 12 psi, in the first instance in a minute or so it comes back to 14 psi. I do a couple of rounds to deflate back to 12 from around 14.

• Like (+1) 2
On 6/3/2021 at 12:14 PM, Goutam said:

One more issue with the Apex deflators - they pressure out so fast that they condense the air in the tire as the air cools down rapidly, and it will show a lower pressure till the air inside the tire comes back to normal temperature.

So when I set the tire pressure to 12 psi, in the first instance in a minute or so it comes back to 14 psi. I do a couple of rounds to deflate back to 12 from around 14.

That’s a good point Gautam, rapid pressure release will lower the temperature  …  I have installed last week, love them but it’s true what you say. Last weekend I checked the pressure only mid way through the drive, next time I will check it again after deflation but before starting the drive. Good advice 

I really like though the fact you don’t need to you with the valve core and quite simply that the valve caps are not coming off when you unscrew them, overall very clean solution 

Edited by PaoloMaraziti
Added last paragraph
  • Like (+1) 1

I use the stem removal tool I believe it’s the fastest especially when you get handy in it . And yes the point that @Goutam has mentioned is correct . For this reason I go to 9 or even 8.5 PSI especially in summer time and forget about it the whole trip . However still I do check when ever possible .. something that I can’t help 😄 and it’s never above my sweet 10 to 11 psi at end point !

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Moved to APEX valves and Indeflate 4 hoses. 

for the valves, I don't think I will look back.... no stem removal/potential loss/damage, super fast deflation and caps that don't mess around. 

For in deflate: super convenient, easy to roll back into the back , I have the feeling that is a bit slower than inflating each tyre .... need to time it... 

For replying to this topic, please

Subscribe and then join Offroad Club

And enjoy multiple level off-road drives - every weekend.

Important Information

Terms of use