Cherokee vs. Grand 4.7 vs. Grand 5.7

Ahmed Farghaly

Hello Offroaders,

Was looking to buy a Pathfinder R50 but couldn't find a suitable one, instead, i found the below options. It's mainly for offroading, weekends travels and camping. Was hoping to get some experts openion here, assuming there are all in good condition and for the same price. My main concern is the relaiabilty and the maintenance ease and cost (compared to the Pathfinder). 

Cherokee Grand Grand 
Engine 4.0 4.7 5.7 Hemi
Model 2001 2007 2005
KM 227K 177K 251K
Edited by Ahmed Farghaly
  • Like (+1) 1

You have to have deep pockets to maintain any Jeep. @sertac should be able to relay his experience. @Gaurav bhai can add his experience hear too. Old Jeeps look good at a price point, but will empty your pockets very soon no matter how good a shape they are in.

• Like (+1) 2

@Rahimdad, Can I please have your number? Just wanted an advice on a Pathfinder R50. Otherwise, please if you could ping me on my Whatsapp on 0554974600. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/2/2020 at 3:00 PM, Ahmed Farghaly said:

Hello Offroaders,

Was looking to buy a Pathfinder R50 but couldn't find a suitable one, instead, i found the below options. It's mainly for offroading, weekends travels and camping. Was hoping to get some experts openion here, assuming there are all in good condition and for the same price. My main concern is the relaiabilty and the maintenance ease and cost (compared to the Pathfinder). 

Cherokee Grand Grand 
Engine 4.0 4.7 5.7 Hemi
Model 2001 2007 2005
KM 227K 177K 251K

Big no. If you are crazy about these cars and can spend on them blindly over their own worth. Then you can buy. But if you are not Jeep fan stay away these are not good for you. 

I am seeing in your profile you are owning a 2011 Xterra. Thats perfect car for the purpose you are looking for. Dont look any further. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi @Ahmed Farghaly I have tried Grand Cherokee V8 as a project car for 3 months and totally regretted after spending money on initial critical stuff needed.

In Jeep family, wrangler is the best option tbh. Second best is Cherokee (XJ) upto 2001 model - only if you get it clean and non-abused one - super rare.

Srikumar got extremely lucky to find one clean XJ that has been road driven but many others I know only bought an abused version and suffered a lot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

6 minutes ago, Ahmed Farghaly said:

Thank you everyone for the advice, back on hunting R50 then 😃

What happened to your Xterra, just curious.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 minute ago, Ahmed Farghaly said:

Thank you everyone for the advice, back on hunting R50 then 😃

I have seen a whole bunch of them for sale at the E88 Sharjah to Al Dhaid road two weeks back. We went looking for a nice majlis couch and found it on that same road from the guys making tents.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Not 100% sure but i think this was the location:

https://goo.gl/maps/FED543eHd7Tpc7Qw8

If not, just continue further on the road direction Sharjah. It was a car dealer and there were at least 4-5 Pathfinders R50 next to each other.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use