•  

Ahab Shamaa​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​has been promoted to fewbie level

Gaurav

Congratulations @Ahab Shamaa for reaching the Fewbie Level with Carnity Offroad Club

Looking forward to seeing you growing further and helping others to learn the art of offroading in a safe environment.

Please make sure your Carnity user profile is always updated with all the latest Emergency contact details.

P.S. Trip lead might deny your participation if you don't have required off-road gear.

Fewbie:

Drives Attended (Indicative)

Minimum 5 Newbie drives are required within last 3 months for Fewbie promotion.

What you'll learn

• Basic dune and sand reading
  • Basic self-recovery techniques
  • Advance side sloping and hill climb
  • Basic ridge riding and criss crossing
  • Basic control over technical dunes
  • Slightly faster pace desert driving

Skills required

• Enthusiastic and positive attitude
  • Willingness to learn and help others
  • Presence of mind and attention to detail

Car Worthiness

• Any 4x4 vehicle with low range gearing
  • Suitable approach and departure angle

Off-road gear required

Safety flag, tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, shovel, fire extinguisher, medical kit, radio (walkie-talkie), air compressor.

Drive teamwork

• Manage second lead and sweep positions upon request
  • Intuitive and proactive to support Trip Lead
  • Observe recoveries and offer help, when needed

Drive Joining

Join Newbie and Fewbie drives

And Fewbie Plus, after 5 drives at Fewbie level only

Forum participation

• Active participation on the forum
  • Share drive experience + feedback
  • Share drive pictures in the gallery
  • Post trip report after the drive
  • Like (+1) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Congrats !!

• Like (+1) 6

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thank you @Gaurav, @Chaitanya D@Rahimdad, @Frederic@Wrangeld, @Ale Vallecchi, @Lorenzo Candelpergher, @Jeepie and @Vanessa8580! I couldn’t have done it without your help and guidance :)

After last Friday’s Fossil Rock descent, I think I will still stick to the Newbie drives for a few more weeks; I believe @Wrangeld knows it 😂

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Ahab Shamaa congratulations on the promotion, which is deserved and comes at the right time. The excitement that waits for you (and your dad, as passenger) just gets better and better from here. Don't worry, there are a lot more Fossil Rock type experiences out there for you. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

16 minutes ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

Thank you @Gaurav, @Chaitanya D@Rahimdad, @Frederic@Wrangeld, @Ale Vallecchi, @Lorenzo Candelpergher, @Jeepie and @Vanessa8580! I couldn’t have done it without your help and guidance :)

After last Friday’s Fossil Rock descent, I think I will still stick to the Newbie drives for a few more weeks; I believe @Wrangeld knows it 😂

Very well done @Ahab Shamaa!!! Perhaps you may want to leave the Newbie drives behind, and dive right away into the Fewbie drives: there is a treat coming up this weekend (especially if you have an FJ 😉).

• Like (+1) 7

Thanks @Wrangeld! In my dad’s words,“Mr. Richard is a desert fox” 😂

@Ale Vallecchi, I wasn’t planning on applying for a promotion to fewbie, but when I saw your post, I did 😀. I’m hoping to join your drive on Saturday; if I have fast enough fingers that is 🤪

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Ahab Shamaa hearty congratulations well deserved and well done maybe we haven’t met but sure we will and will be a pleasure 👍🚙🙏🏻🌷

• Like (+1) 4

Thanks a lot @Mohamed Seidam; I look forward to meeting you in person on a future drive.  Ok, because you’re being extremely nice, I’ll admit that the X-Terra is a formidable beast in the desert 😂 (let’s please keep it between us two).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use