COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 18 Dec 2020

Rahimdad

I had a great drive being in sweep as always. I think everyone should drive in sweep at least one time just to make their drive more challenging 😉. @Rahimdad thank you for being an amazing lead, I loved your banter and jokes over the radio, I'm sure half of the time I was laughing instead of driving. @Wrangeld thank you for joining the drive, the briefing was hilarious and I loved every moment of it. Your self recover guidance was even better. I hope I made you proud for being in sweep @Rahimdad, I learned a lot from both @Rahimdad and @Wrangeld that day. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

I had a great drive being in sweep as always. I think everyone should drive in sweep at least one time just to make their drive more challenging 😉. @Rahimdad thank you for being an amazing lead, I loved your banter and jokes over the radio, I'm sure half of the time I was laughing instead of driving. @Wrangeld thank you for joining the drive, the briefing was hilarious and I loved every moment of it. Your self recover guidance was even better. I hope I made you proud for being in sweep @Rahimdad, I learned a lot from both @Rahimdad and @Wrangeld that day.

@Shehab Alawadhiyou were brilliant. I really enjoyed working with you. I want to drive with you again, soon.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Wrangeld said:

@Shehab Alawadhiyou were brilliant. I really enjoyed working with you. I want to drive with you again, soon.

For sure likewise, and just as a side note I drove a 2 door Pajero last night (nothing too serious we just wanted to get to a place and that person didn't trust themselves to drive in the sand.) so I got in the car, turned on 4 wheel drive, I didn't even reduce air pressure in the tires and the Pajero was floating on the sand, I didn't even need to give any gas. now I know why I see so many 2 door Pajero drivers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

27 minutes ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

AH the coveted sweep position, the best thing about it being you can somewhat deviate from the normal path unlike the center where you have keep things consistent for the guys down back, despite the rougher terrain i could spend all day there. Besides my usual guests are all photographers and convoys look best from the back :D

@Wrangeld how does one guarantee this position for themselves as often as possible?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Arman said:

AH the coveted sweep position, the best thing about it being you can somewhat deviate from the normal path unlike the center where you have keep things consistent for the guys down back, despite the rougher terrain i could spend all day there. Besides my usual guests are all photographers and convoys look best from the back :D

@Wrangeld how does one guarantee this position for themselves as often as possible?

Ah yes my cousin, whom sadly I couldn't talk to much or joke around like w usually do:sad:, since I'm either behind him or he would be behind me. I MISSED YOU @Arman 

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@Arman with is Wrangler was cautious, which is always a good trait at the newbie level. That being said he did not let that get in the way of having fun and learning in a safe way. I am looking forward to seeing him use the power of the TJ to his advantage as we discovered together with his kind permission.

Those little play areas were a big bump in difficulty for me since i had thought i was already pushing the car quite a but to get over some dunes on my previous drives, there's even dashcam footage of me shouting "GIVE ME FIRST GEAR!!!" hoping the PCM would hear me...now i think i know thanks to you that i need to get more involved to get everything i want from my amazing tuk tuk.

Thanks for the great 1 to 1 lessons @Rahimdad and for letting the engine breathe a little like it's meant to and thanks @Wrangeld for taking care of me both this time and our last time together, now i just need to learn to listen my car and GIT GOOD as we used to say in the good ol' Halo days.

See you guys on the next one :D 

Edited by Arman
Typed the same thing twice...oopsie
  • Like (+1) 3

Oh right and not to forget @syed salman raza's donation of headlights that i'd actually been saving up for to get for a while now since the stock TJ lights were made for a different era. Thank you very much again for these, i've already begun polishing them and getting ready to install them, hopefully you'll see them on the next time we meet :D 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Arman said:

@Armanthere are no guarantees in this life buddy! 

Normally the guys with the most experience or biggest car find that they are in the back. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

15 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

@Armanthere are no guarantees in this life buddy! 

Normally the guys with the most experience or biggest car find that they are in the back. 

And here i see a solution, feed my baby TJ lots of veggies so it grows into a big JT.

Alternatively, drive more. XD

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use