•  

COVID 19 Complaint - Morning ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Desert Drive - Al Qudra - 29 Jan 2021

Wrangeld

11 hours ago, GD27 said:

Hello! I am a newbie. Would love to join this Friday with my Patrol y62 for my first drive. 

Do we need a flag and radio for this ride? I don’t see it in the list of things to bring while few other topics do mention them. Thanks. 

Rahimdad has said it all. Please make sure that the car has accessible tow points front and rear. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/25/2021 at 4:02 PM, Wrangeld said:

@Ashwin0223, @Leon Haywood @Cesar Younes Welcome to Carnity. thanks for signing up for the drive on Friday. 

I understand you have, respectively a Hummer, Cherokee and Fortuner. Please confirm that you have good condition tow points front and back and that you have watched all the Carnity briefing videos before you join the drive. These are important. If you come 'cold' to the drive, you'll find it less enjoyable. 

Please also share a little mit of information about your 4x4 experience if any and reasons for wanting to learn. 

Looking forward to seeing you Friday.

Hi Wrangled, I have a stock Cherokee 2001, which I know doesnt have any after market tow bar or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to get it more perepared, as I dont want to miss out on the drive? The vehicle obviosly has tow points but normally needs a look over to find options.

I have driven light offroad in Fortuner and Silverado on 15pis, but nothing crazy. I am going to watch the videos now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Leon Haywood said:

Hi Wrangled, I have a stock Cherokee 2001, which I know doesnt have any after market tow bar or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to get it more perepared, as I dont want to miss out on the drive? The vehicle obviosly has tow points but normally needs a look over to find options.

I have driven light offroad in Fortuner and Silverado on 15pis, but nothing crazy. I am going to watch the videos now. 

a long as there are tow points, the rest will be fine. We drive in stock vehicles in Carnity so I am not sure you need to do anything more than find out how to turn off the air bags and ABS

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Leon Haywood said:

Hi Leon,

I have a wrangler in good condition and conforming to the requirements. I have watched the briefing videos.

I have no experience with off-roading, however I have been a part of many excursions and I thought I would enjoy learning the necessary skills to do it myself.

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Absolute Newbie drivers, 

We will meet tomorrow morning at this point which is closer to the main road. There are 5 Carnity drives starting from this area in the morning so we thought that changing the start point will avoid the possible confusion of your coming to the wrong drive. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/oGnFd3Tn7QxMn2aJ9

Myself and @Tamas Hoffmann will be looking out for you. If possible, once you leave the main road, please put on your hazard lights so that we can recognize you and make sure you don't join the wrong convoy. As we know everyone's cars at least we can see you as you arrive. 

Here is the convoy numbering for the drive. 

Morning Absolute Newbie Solar Park 29 January 2021  
Attendees Level Car Radio Pos #  
Wrangeld Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Y 1 Lead
Cornelius Wessels @Cornelius Wessels Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 2  
Pacific @Pacific Newbie Jeep Wrangler SWB Y 3  
Sherzing @sherzing Newbie Jeep Wrangler LWB Y 4  
Cedric Warde @Cedric Warde Fewbie Jeep Wrangler LWB Y 5  
Cesar Younes @Cesar Younes Newbie Toyota Fortuner Y 6  
Leon Haywood @Leon Haywood Newbie Jeep Cherokee Y 7  
Imran Chaudhry @Imran Chaudhry Newbie Toyota FJ Cruiser Y 8  
Dwain Fernandez @Dwain Fernandes Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero Y 9  
GD27 @GD27 Newbie Nissan Patrol Y62 Y 10  
Watteau @Watteau Newbie Ford Raptor F150 Y 11  
Tamas Hoffmann @Tamas Hoffmann Advance Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 12 SW

Please make sure that you do look through the introductory videos and training. We will go over the basic again before we leave in the briefing, but if we have to go through everything from scratch it does limit the amount of time we have to drive. 

Looking forward to meeting you all in the morning. My phone number for emergencies is 050 425 4574.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Dear Absolute Newbie drivers, 

We will meet tomorrow morning at this point which is closer to the main road. There are 5 Carnity drives starting from this area in the morning so we thought that changing the start point will avoid the possible confusion of your coming to the wrong drive. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/oGnFd3Tn7QxMn2aJ9

Myself and @Tamas Hoffmann will be looking out for you. If possible, once you leave the main road, please put on your hazard lights so that we can recognize you and make sure you don't join the wrong convoy. As we know everyone's cars at least we can see you as you arrive. 

Here is the convoy numbering for the drive. 

Morning Absolute Newbie Solar Park 29 January 2021  
Attendees Level Car Radio Pos #  
Wrangeld Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Y 1 Lead
Cornelius Wessels @Cornelius Wessels Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 2  
Pacific @Pacific Newbie Jeep Wrangler SWB Y 3  
Sherzing @sherzing Newbie Jeep Wrangler LWB Y 4  
Cedric Warde @Cedric Warde Fewbie Jeep Wrangler LWB Y 5  
Cesar Younes @Cesar Younes Newbie Toyota Fortuner Y 6  
Leon Haywood @Leon Haywood Newbie Jeep Cherokee Y 7  
Imran Chaudhry @Imran Chaudhry Newbie Toyota FJ Cruiser Y 8  
Ashwin0223 @Ashwin0223 Newbie Hummer Y 9  
GD27 @GD27 Newbie Nissan Patrol Y62 Y 10  
Watteau @Watteau Newbie Ford Raptor F150 Y 11  
Tamas Hoffmann @Tamas Hoffmann Advance Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 12 SW

Please make sure that you do look through the introductory videos and training. We will go over the basic again before we leave in the briefing, but if we have to go through everything from scratch it does limit the amount of time we have to drive. 

Looking forward to meeting you all in the morning. My phone number for emergencies is 050 425 4574.

Perfect, looking forward to it, might need two minutes Wrangeld in the morning to sort out what to switch off on the raptor etc. looks like most raptors put it in mud/sand mode which locks the diff and 4H, you can then press the TC button for a few seconds to turn off even more stuff.I am a bit anal on the social distancing thing, so I'm not being rude if anyone thinks I'm being standoffish and spraying sanitizer everywhere. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Watteau said:

Perfect, looking forward to it, might need two minutes Wrangeld in the morning to sort out what to switch off on the raptor etc. looks like most raptors put it in mud/sand mode which locks the diff and 4H, you can then press the TC button for a few seconds to turn off even more stuff.I am a bit anal on the social distancing thing, so I'm not being rude if anyone thinks I'm being standoffish and spraying sanitizer everywhere. 

Delighted to read on all fronts, including the social distancing 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use