•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra Dubai - 05 Mar 2021

Frederic

Thank you Fred for leading and all the support crew for their help on the drive!

I felt that I needed to keep the revs high mainly in first to get into the sweet spot torque band to tackle a few of the higher dunes. And to trust the momentum of the car to take you across the ridge when you reach the top 

Clearly lots to learn and explore

Really nice to meet everyone and looking forward to future drives😀

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

16 hours ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

Hi @Frederic your feedbacks are spot on and invaluable. I remember every word of yours, I can feel that I am already started learning quickly about Pajero and started loving it. Probably couple of more drives I should learn more coupled with all your inputs. 

Thanks to all seniors who did a great supporting role making every one feel comfortable.

Thanks to entire convoy for sharing the great day and providing such opportunity to learn from every moment.

@Thomas Varghese you are very true, already off roading is making me crazy about it. I had just recovered today morning from covid vaccine side effects and was on my first drive. Could imagine how far it can go.

I believe now every one above 40 age can get vaccinated, kindly go for it asap as per your convenience.

Thanks,

Lakshmi narasimhan

@Lakshmi Narasimhan I warned you this sport is highly addictive. Once you get past the fear of damaging your precious transport you will not stop and cannot stop. You will never get satisfied with the number of drives you had and will thirst for more and more. The only problem is this is a collective sport as you cannot venture out alone. Very soon your family will get tired of this and start making fun of you and gets sarcastic when you start loosening up your wallet for mods and gadgets you feel you will want to have to enjoy the sport. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Alfeathec said:

Hey all, did anyone take any videos or photographs? I had a GoPro on my roof for the drive so will share the video once edited. 

Have a look here:

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/585-ab-newbie-qudra-dubai-05-mar-2021

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

40 minutes ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

I have taken few videos, but couldn’t upload due to file size, shared with @Frederic.

Kindly ping me on whatsapp  on 0559323959 will share.

• Like (+1) 1

On Sunday, I went to signup for another drive this weekend and everything was full (or from what I understood). What time do the drives open up to sign up?  I thought on Sunday but I must of missed it.  Do I just put my name in the chat for the waitlist?   A bit bummed out but I will keep trying.  
Tanya in the Red Jeep Wrangler

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tanya said:

On Sunday, I went to signup for another drive this weekend and everything was full (or from what I understood). What time do the drives open up to sign up?  I thought on Sunday but I must of missed it.  Do I just put my name in the chat for the waitlist?   A bit bummed out but I will keep trying.  
Tanya in the Red Jeep Wrangler

Hi @Tanya sorry to hear that. I’ve mentioned this in my drive report few days back:

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:10 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

To subscribe to the WhatsApp notifications plz see below post:

To add yourself to the waitlist just go to the drive topic of the drive you’d like to join and send a message like this:

”please add me to the waitlist for my first drive this weekend”

We generally have some dropouts during the week and then the drive lead will start putting in the waitlisted members chronologically.

Good luck !

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use