•  
Advertise here

Digital Temperature Monitoring : Xterra

7 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

will be good if you inform the RTA. My Altima triggers the speed cam when over 140 even by 1 km/hr

My altima was around 9 digits off.

8 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

will be good if you inform the RTA. My Altima triggers the speed cam when over 140 even by 1 km/hr

Correction I meant the real speed is less by 10 digit  what the speedometer shows . For example my speedometer shows 100k/hr but the actual speed is 90 km per hour 

so when I am sticking to the board speed limit on my speedometer I am actually driving really by 10 digit less . 
could be of safety reasons

Appolgy for the confusion 

Edited by M.Seidam

12 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I think its because you changed the tire size the speedo gets wrong reading

How you know I changed the tire size. My tire size is same as factory 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, sertac said:

How you know I changed the tire size. My tire size is same as factory 

I said generally. Not you to be specific. Usually this phenomenon happens when the tire size is changed. 

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I have Xterra 2010 off-road, i did this temperature test yesterday night after driving and car in full heat the engine temp was 105 C and also today morning like 10 am after i reached work also same 105 C. so i guess the engine is over heated in this way, something not normal, also i dont have water leakage, the level always fine. 

from two months i change head gasket because of water leakage, also water pump and thermometer. from that time the indicator i see it little higher from before. 

Any ideas what would be the reason ? 

ill try to check the Fan clutch, but it was working fine before. i didnt have problems until i had leak and the car went into garage.

1 hour ago, Hussein El Zein said:

Hello,

I have Xterra 2010 off-road, i did this temperature test yesterday night after driving and car in full heat the engine temp was 105 C and also today morning like 10 am after i reached work also same 105 C. so i guess the engine is over heated in this way, something not normal, also i dont have water leakage, the level always fine. 

from two months i change head gasket because of water leakage, also water pump and thermometer. from that time the indicator i see it little higher from before. 

Any ideas what would be the reason ? 

ill try to check the Fan clutch, but it was working fine before. i didnt have problems until i had leak and the car went into garage.

I believe for most of the time temp should be between 85 to 92 onroad, 92 to 105 offroad, and I'm using aftermarket radiator which is smaller in volume compare to the larger GCC original radiator.

Neither a night onroad nor a ln offroad drive should bring up the temperature to 105, you need to check it up.

May be the radiator has rusted and clotted inside which makes coolant circulation inefficient, due to excessive usage of coolant, and this was the reason why I changed my previous original radiator.

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie