COVID19 Compliant - Morning Extreme Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 19 Mar 2021

Emmanuel

@Craig Finlayson a combination of @Foxtrot Oscar and Red Bull is ain’t a good idea bro , if it’s me I would be happy with the adult pampers 🤣

OMG guys just please don’t fly 🤪

wish all full enjoyment 😄

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Well that was all kinds of fabulous!! Thank you @Emmanuel for the outstanding drive in the incredible dunes of Sweihan.

We gave a collective laugh when you pointed to the dunes and said you'd try to start gently, try being the operative word. We tackled those first dunes at some pace and the sheer skills required to navigate them resulted in radio silence. No jolly bants on this drive. Everyone was so focused, and lets be honest, you had to be. It set the tone for the whole afternoon.

It wasn't just the pace, or the size of the dunes, it was the angle, the approach, the maneuvering, the crazy sand that seemed to have a crisp shell and then like quicksand underneath and the lead with his je ne sais quoi demonstrating the kind of driving we all aspire to. Chapeau! 

@Emmanuel it is always an absolute pleasure and honour to be your second lead, It had been quite some time since I had been anyone's 2nd lead and I committed a basic error  for the first 20 mins or so of watching the tracks instead of the dunes. I shook that off and got into my comfort zone.

Thanks @Ilya Golubinsky @Francois Germishuys and @Kalahari for being great convoy buddies. The less said about @Craig Finlayson the better. Ach the Ginga Ninja did alright I suppose 😝

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

59 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

It wasn't just the pace, or the size of the dunes, it was the angle, the approach, the maneuvering,

.... you have said it very well and exactly to the point Angela @Foxtrot Oscar and I guess based on that and maybe other factors the selection criteria was put ....  if I speak about my self I will not subscribe to advance drive unless I know that I can handle the super advance and not just advance . What do you think @Emmanuel?! I don’t know why I have the feeling that our first meeting will be in such kind of drive and the pleasure will be all mine 😄🌷

• Like (+1) 4

@Foxtrot Oscar thank you for your lovely message and for the amazing 2nd lead. It was very reassuring for me to know that you had my back. Perfect distance for an extreme drive. Very smart and prompt decisions. Excellent communication. Everyone could feel that you are a very experienced drive leader. And yes it was so nice to drive with you after a looong time. I missed that!
After Asif’s drive cancellation, I had the pleasure to see my dear friend 
@Kalahari back into our drive, in what was maybe the more difficult convoy position in those soft sands, in sweep right after @Francois Germishuys F150.

We were blessed to have very strong and sensible drivers who always copped perfectly with the pace (32 km/h average speed for all the drive, with max speed at 82 km/h) . Thank you @Craig Finlayson, @Ilya Golubinsky, @Francois Germishuys! It was very fun!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

@Mohamed Seidam looking forward too to drive with you, be it at regular IM level or extreme as soon as you will be ready. 

Pleasure will be all mine 🙏

• Like (+1) 2

@Emmanuel thanks for a good drive, it was a fast paced and safe drive, I enjoyed it, my truck obviously enjoyed it as well as I just made it to the fuel station after the drive...

Really good team @Foxtrot Oscar @Ilya Golubinsky @Craig Finlayson @Kalaharithis time with no issues at all except for the 2 pop outs myself and @Kalahari had, but easily managed.  

thanks and see you all on the next drive! 

ive added all the pics and videos i have in the gallery ✌🏼

Edited by Francois Germishuys
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use