COVID19 compliant - Fewbie Morning Desert drive - Al Qudra South - Dubai - 16 Apr 2021

Jeepie

It was a morning well spent! I was initially a bit skeptical about a small convoy....but as remarked by one of the members that the small  size of the convoy is not far off the master class in that a personal tutorial imparted during the drive makes all the difference.    @Jeepie, @Anish S and @Thomas Varghese thank you for a great drive! @Anish S did a great job leading under @Jeepie watch who coordinated the drive and @Thomas Varghese i would like to say I felt very safe with you as the Sweep at the back! Thank you and have an awesome weekend!

14 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@William Fernandes Sunrise & Sunset in the desert is a treat for the eyes. No photography can capture the full color gamut of these 2 events. 

I could not have put it better @Thomas Varghese! You seem to be in your element when it comes to photography! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you everybody for showing up for the drive and arriving early at the meet up point. Today, we had a short convoy and we ensured we made most of it. To start before even getting into the dunes, we assisted the Mitsubishi Outlander who was stuck on the dirt track. At the beginning, we started slowly to see the response of the convoy and gradually the pace was increased and the convoy was coping successfully. Since, the response of the convoy was good, we also tried some technical areas.

I am glad to see @William Fernandes showing interest in learning and the improvement was obvious during the drive itself. @Thomas Varghese got the opportunity to learn to do recoveries and also to use your rope. 

I am very grateful to Marjan @Jeepie for firstly giving me the opportunity to lead and it was a great experience for me. And secondly for your valuable guidance, support and feedback provided to me through out.

Please find some statistics below about the drive.

1298804428_WhatsAppImage2021-04-16at12_47.37(1).jpeg.c523bcca21a834b1c85dee1bd0ae6bf9.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-16 at 12.47.37.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hi @Thomas Varghese @William Fernandes and @Anish S I don't have a lot to add, other than some pictures that show our learnt lessons in digging and crisscrossing. Very calm and collected lead by Anish who lead us through long range dunes to the more technical and managed to get us back all the way to last exit right on time.  He also managed to get all of us stuck once. Great response by everyone. See you again soon.

• Thanks (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use