•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Bab al Shams - Dubai - 30 Apr 2021

Mehmet Volga

@Mehmet Volga@sertac@Nivin thanks for such a good drive today. With a short convoy it was a great opportunity for myself @Lakshmi Narasimhan and @PaoloMaraziti to learn from the seniors.  @PaoloMarazitii hope u feel better soon. 

@Lakshmi Narasimhan you drove really well and i like your confidence and the way you handle ur car.

@sertac@Nivin@Mehmet Volga thank you guys for all the training and practice on ridge riding and criss crossing. I surely have less fear in me than i had at the beginning of the drive.

see you all soon in the sand.

• Well Done (+2) 2

@Mehmet Volga @sertac @Nivin @PaoloMaraziti @Adhir Saxena

video recordings of todays drive!!!!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL0SmlZhQhfFbvU_DS0BuK9H-K0DYpNoO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

it must be a unique experience doing off-road under rain not only for us but all off-roaders in the UAE. We were lucky to catch it and tested our 'muddy off-road' skills of which more than 2 hours under continuous raining.

We started our drive with excellent leading by @Nivin ; he quickly got us reached to our first play point and we followed funny dune games he made on long slopes. Very nice routing, great radio instructions and fun but safe off-road acts! The Chimney did his job good I think :D Welcome on board brother! it is nice to see you on the sand again. 

After the first half of the drive, we swapped with Nivin and headed to the next play point.

@PaoloMaraziti and @Adhir Saxena, our newly promoted drivers started their Fewbie adventures under challenging conditions; muddy sand + constant raining :D It was the first time also for me running my wipers while climbing up the tall dunes.

@PaoloMaraziti was very confident, perfectly managed his FJ during the whole drive and successfully made self-recoveries during his few refusals. After his great performance, unfortunately he felt a bit bad because of less sleeping at previous night. Fortunately we had completed 90% of our drive already and were very close to the exit so we safely and easily quit. Nice to hear you are good now. Don't worry, you didn't miss anything since we played only 20 min more after you and then finished the drive. Thank you for the nice video as well!

@Adhir Saxena enjoyed practicing new actions which are not much being done in newbie drives; we tried many criss-crossing, ridge-riding and longer side sloping on a fast pace. It was amazing seeing Adhir on my mirror, easily passing through all difficult points and quickly catching his position. You have the most valuable skill for off-roading; passion! Being eager to learn will give you very quick improvement. You will be more comfortable with your Pajero once you make modifications on your bumpers. Well done!

@Lakshmi Narasimhan , our experienced Fewbie did everything smooth as always he does; excellent game play in side slopes, ridge rides, crisscross and problem solving with correct self recovery and re-attempting techniques. The issue was different for him this time; two pop-outs on his good-looking front tire :D But we went through these very quickly by excellent team work and immediately back to our action! Thank you for your great performance! ... also for the full video record of the drive  👍

... and of course my friend @sertac; provided wonderful support again for all the convoy. He was the one supervised everything to ensure safe drive, made individual ridge-ride training sessions and helped us to manage all problematic issues with his great advices. Lucky to have you friend!

See you all on the next drive!

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use