COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Khatim - Abu Dhabi - 02 Jul 2021

Gaurav

1 minute ago, GauravSoni said:

@Gaurav thanks!!! Just want to know if I need to do PCR 48 hours prior or I can do it before that and have my vaccination status (in green) on al hosn app which will allow me Entry.. I am not so clear about the rules these days.

If you have taken both doses of vaccine and completed 28 days after 2nd dose, then when you do pcr test, on alhosn it will show E, in this case pcr test will be valid for 7 days. If you don’t see E on al hosn app then it will be valid only for 2 days. So for first time better do it 2 days before travel to avoid any status update issue on the app.

• Well Done (+2) 1

I'm getting my PCR test today afternoon, hope to receive result by Thursday afternoon and be valid till Saturday. 

I have got my second vaccine dose in march, but al hons says first dose in march. Kind of lost with how al hosn app count or gather data.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

14 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I'm getting my PCR test today afternoon, hope to receive result by Thursday afternoon and be valid till Saturday. 

I have got my second vaccine dose in march, but al hons says first dose in march. Kind of lost with how al hosn app count or gather data.

Al hosn app some times not reflects the update properly. While me and my wife took vaccine together on 5 May, its not even reflecting the second dose for my wife. I have tried reaching DHA, al hosn many times to update with no luck.

Last time when I took drive in AUH my recent test result was updated with the previous test date making my test result invalid. Luckily they updated after calling them once. Have to closely watch the updated on al hosn.

2 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

@Gaurav thanks!!! Just want to know if I need to do PCR 48 hours prior or I can do it before that and have my vaccination status (in green) on al hosn app which will allow me Entry.. I am not so clear about the rules these days.

@GauravSoniif you have taken the vaccine 28 days prior once you take a pcr you will get a 'e' on you al horn app which will allow you to pass the border for 7 days from the pcr test result- the green will not particularly help you but look for the e on the left had side of the vaccination status on the app. I travel to abu dhabi almost every week. hope it helps and if you need more info pls call/ text me on 050 4500597.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Gaurav bhai, inspired yesterday by @Lakshmi Narasimhan & @GauravSoni's enthusiasm who said they will only sleep for 2 hours after Sri's night drive, please put me in Waiting List as this will be my 3rd drive this week 😂

Besides, I haven't seen you for a long time! :grin:

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Gaurav sorry i accidentally click the manage button. I am not sure how to undo it.

3 minutes ago, Jerry Han said:

Hi @Gaurav sorry i accidentally click the manage button. I am not sure how to undo it.

Never mind, i manage to undo it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zed said:

Dear @Gaurav bhai, inspired yesterday by @Lakshmi Narasimhan & @GauravSoni's enthusiasm who said they will only sleep for 2 hours after Sri's night drive, please put me in Waiting List as this will be my 3rd drive this week 😂

I do work continuously for 2-3 days I am used to waking for long hours. Body and mind has to be tuned for that. If you can manage no problem will see you!!! If you feel tired then please head back home thats what I will do.

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

Hi @Anna Dillon @Mohamed Elkhedir and @Tarig Ali

Great to see you signed up for this Newbie drive on Friday 2nd July. We are looking forward to meeting you. 

We ask everyone that signs up here to answer a few quick questions so we can plan better for the drive: 

1. Do you have any previous off-road experience in sand? If so what did you already do? 
  2. Does your car have 8 - 10 inch ground clearance along with front and rear tow hooks?
  3. Which car you plan to bring (Year, make and model)? 

Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting you Friday.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Zed said:

You are most welcome @Zed, you are now free to join your second, third or fourth drive for the week.

@Zed, @Lakshmi Narasimhan and @GauravSoni you guys better sleep in the desert and don't walk like zombies, or I will wake you up with tons of recoveries and shoveling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

I will wake you up with tons of recoveries and shoveling.

Happy to assist always, looking forward to.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use