Repair for Hydraulic Jack - advise sought on possible repair service

Wrangeld

On my JZX i left the bleed valve a bit open without realizing it, so i lost some oil a while back and had to refill it by removing the bleed screw, the ball inside, and adding some hydraulic fluid. Right now it seems to work fine again but i am contemplating of moving towards a customized system with a bottle jack.

Below base plate for bottle jack (found on Australian Ebay website) would be ideal, but i would reinforce the mounting part of the bottle jack even further by making a second plate that goes on top of the baseplate.

image.png.f012eeded5984888fa7a5d091526db8f.png

image.png.b0ccca7cab98210a5e4fc3f9184a5394.png

the only difficulty i see is that a floor jack has a lower footprint, which makes it easier to get underneath the car. In this scenario the 180mm bottle jack height combined with a 20mm baseplate would mean you have to dig a bit deeper to be able to install it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Espresso included in the offer

I have home espresso machine need repair 🤣 .. let’s see how many in the club are espresso lovers . 

46 minutes ago, Frederic said:

On my JZX i left the bleed valve a bit open without realizing it, so i lost some oil a while back and had to refill it by removing the bleed screw, the ball inside, and adding some hydraulic fluid. Right now it seems to work fine again but i am contemplating of moving towards a customized system with a bottle jack.

Below base plate for bottle jack (found on Australian Ebay website) would be ideal, but i would reinforce the mounting part of the bottle jack even further by making a second plate that goes on top of the baseplate.

image.png.f012eeded5984888fa7a5d091526db8f.png

image.png.b0ccca7cab98210a5e4fc3f9184a5394.png

the only difficulty i see is that a floor jack has a lower footprint, which makes it easier to get underneath the car. In this scenario the 180mm bottle jack height combined with a 20mm baseplate would mean you have to dig a bit deeper to be able to install it.

I like the idea Fred , the only concern is storage area in the truck !

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Dear Hisham, 

As a visit to your worshop is a pleasure at any time I will take you up on the offer. I am more than happy to strip it down with the team (or have coffee with you while we wait to see the outcome :-) ). 

And for the business idea - agreed. 

If there is anyone with a broken jack, the Hishard Jack Repair Company is open for business. We guarantee you to repair or give your jack back in the condition in which we were unable to repair it. 

Go go HJRC !

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

I have home espresso machine need repair 🤣 .. let’s see how many in the club are espresso lovers . 

I like the idea Fred , the only concern is storage area in the truck !

Which machine one do you have @M.Seidam?? 

2 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

Go go HJRC !

🤔

3 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Which machine one do you have @M.Seidam?? 

2 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

NESPRESSO

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Having tried over years...Nespresso has only one fix...throw it and get another one...,,😂 

True, best to get the discount they offer you for the new machine .. done it twice already and is a reasonable trade off

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

True, best to get the discount they offer you for the new machine .. done it twice already and is a reasonable trade off

I've been using jura for many years, no issues. Keep cleaning and descaling at the right time, runs forever. In about 4 to 5 years, sent to service once

Just now, Hisham Masaad said:

I've been using jura for many years, no issues. Keep cleaning and descaling at the right time, runs forever. In about 4 to 5 years, sent to service once

And always fresh coffee beans not capsules

Discussion started with Jack's ended up with coffee Machines 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use