Repair for Hydraulic Jack - advise sought on possible repair service

Wrangeld

25 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

I've been using jura for many years, no issues. Keep cleaning and descaling at the right time, runs forever. In about 4 to 5 years, sent to service once

And always fresh coffee beans not capsules

Discussion started with Jack's ended up with coffee Machines 🤣

Jura is like Italian Pizza .. one needs to travel to Italy for that...and Nespresso is Pizza Hut, gets me a good medium for 50 bucks and tastes better than what I bake and home...😂

• Haha (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2021 at 3:49 PM, Frederic said:

On my JZX i left the bleed valve a bit open without realizing it, so i lost some oil a while back and had to refill it by removing the bleed screw, the ball inside, and adding some hydraulic fluid. Right now it seems to work fine again but i am contemplating of moving towards a customized system with a bottle jack.

Below base plate for bottle jack (found on Australian Ebay website) would be ideal, but i would reinforce the mounting part of the bottle jack even further by making a second plate that goes on top of the baseplate.

image.png.f012eeded5984888fa7a5d091526db8f.png

image.png.b0ccca7cab98210a5e4fc3f9184a5394.png

the only difficulty i see is that a floor jack has a lower footprint, which makes it easier to get underneath the car. In this scenario the 180mm bottle jack height combined with a 20mm baseplate would mean you have to dig a bit deeper to be able to install it.

@Frederic have you any luck customizing a setup like above.  I am also interested in this setup as the bottlejack is already stored in the car so would only need to find space for the base plates.  

2 hours ago, Niki said:

@Frederic have you any luck customizing a setup like above.  I am also interested in this setup as the bottlejack is already stored in the car so would only need to find space for the base plates.  

@Niki will make a sample, for long was thinking the same, why don't we use the existing one. Will check the details and make it to try it with first coming pop out 😅

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hisham Masaad said:

@Niki will make a sample, for long was thinking the same, why don't we use the existing one. Will check the details and make it to try it with first coming pop out 😅

@Hisham Masaad that’s a great plan to make a sample… thankyou!! I have read that a standard prado bottle jack lifts slightly higher and also fits in the same bay our current one is in… just Incase we are struggling due to our lift kits!  Thanks again for doing this experiment 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use