Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 03 Sep 2021

Anish S

Hello @Abdul Rafay-S @Yawa @Jason Grima @Pierre de Maigret @Looper @Naveen Raj @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Danish Mohammad

I hope you are all doing well. Please find attached convoy list for tomorrow's drive and we will be using Channel Number 3 (44605631). Looking forward to see you, take care.

1664089114_ScreenShot2021-09-02at10_06_12PM.png.d47d38e7cab29cf27078031282a028d4.png

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi @Anish S

thanks for your understanding and support today! I was loving the drive and normally my wife would be more the capable sitting as passenger but she just couldn’t shake feeling sick. 

I was trying to go slower but with those kind of dunes the momentum counts ! 

Thanks to everyone else for their patience, I hope you all had a great drive ! 

will be back out next weekend! 

best 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Hi @Anish S first of all I would like to thank you for trusting and giving me opportunity to support Convoy from SW, Hope I did not disappointed you 🤞 and meet your expectation. Also thanks for this nice drive, love the path you choose through beautiful dunes. 

&  @Abdul Rafay-S thanks for SL it was good to see you on this position and a very well managed self recovery .... good improvement (keep it up👍)  

@Looper Appreciate the way you support and guide us, it was pleasure to have you in our convoy (Thanks for your support)  

@Jason Grima for early exist "don't worry bro" its a part of safety we all can understand each other...  Hope everything is good with your passenger now.  

Thanks to @Yawa @Pierre de Maigret @Naveen Raj @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil your patience.

Some beautiful pictures are available in gallery 👌 

Stay safe !! See you in next drive :) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

7 hours ago, Danish Mohammad said:

Hi @Anish S first of all I would like to thank you for trusting and giving me opportunity to support Convoy from SW, Hope I did not disappointed you 🤞 and meet your expectation. Also thanks for this nice drive, love the path you choose through beautiful dunes. 

&  @Abdul Rafay-S thanks for SL it was good to see you on this position and a very well managed self recovery .... good improvement (keep it up👍)  

@Looper Appreciate the way you support and guide us, it was pleasure to have you in our convoy (Thanks for your support)  

@Jason Grima for early exist "don't worry bro" its a part of safety we all can understand each other...  Hope everything is good with your passenger now.  

Thanks to @Yawa @Pierre de Maigret @Naveen Raj @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil your patience.

Some beautiful pictures are available in gallery 👌 

Stay safe !! See you in next drive :) 

Taqi Nizwa is Anish’s playground, he rocks and keeps us also challenged and attentive. Amazing and challenging drive. Splendid performance by everyone and special call out to @Danish Mohammad @Abdul Rafay-S @Looper.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Abdul Rafay-S @Yawa @Jason Grima @Pierre de Maigret @Looper @Naveen Raj @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Danish Mohammad

Tawi's Fewbie drive report

First of all, i would to thank you all for joining and for coming early and ready to rock the sand. It is always a pleasure to see the enthusiasm and dedication that you also show at the drives. 

We actually started the drive nice and slow to get warmed up for the some more intense actions later in our route. It was great to see that you all were doing great and so the drive could be scaled up accordingly. As we moved up to some taller dunes, @Jason Grima had the first refusal due to the tyre pressure that was reduced further to lower PSI so that he could give a successful attempt to that bowl since there was not much space for trials.

Unfortunately, @Jason Grima had to be exited to the 2nd December cafetaria because his passenger was not feeling too well which can happen to anybody and we completely understand that. I would like to thank the whole convoy for your understanding and cooperation as safety and health safety are paramount. 

We then continued our way enjoying the bowls towards the play areas of the pink rock whereby @Pierre de Maigret had a few refusals and which he cleared under the guidance of @Looper. Once we reached the play areas, we found that it was a bit churned up but we could actually find our track to do some nice loops. Everybody had their chance and they all did very well.

In the second half of the drive, we enjoyed some great bowls and climbs with the dunes towards the big red. A few refusals encountered which were very handled and successfully cleared at another attempt. There was lots of traffic around that area especially buggies and safari guys which we had to be mindful of; it was safer to stop few ties to let the traffic clear the vicinity. I hope that all of guys enjoyed the drive. 

As it was getting dark, we started to head towards the exit and i thought would be great idea to have a go at a last play area which i attempted first to check if it was doable in the dark. And it was actually turned out to be fun though it was churned up, it was fantastic to see you guys at that last play area.

Well done to the team and you guys rock. I would like to extend my special thanks to @Abdul Rafay-S for being an excellent second lead and to @Looper and @Danish Mohammad for their support to the drive and assist with recoveries.

Take care and see you soon in the sand...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use