•  
Advertise here

Off roading weekend will change?

I worked Monday to Friday while I worked here in last 5 years anyways and was missing the Friday events in last few months after getting back to regular schedule (due to a pandemic hiccup it was Sunday to Thursday). I am quite happy about it.

this is also an experiment as they are suggesting 4 and half day week which is going towards the new progressive norm of 4 day work week implemented in some Scandinavian countries. from Thursday-Friday to Saturday-Sunday it’s a great progress.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Same experience as @Looper. I already work Mondays through Fridays and it was easy for me to do drives in the summer (surprise) because they were much earlier and I could be back at work (while inflating 😛) but with cooler weather, I’m now limited to Saturday drives only. A shift to a Saturday+Sunday weekend for the private sector (yet to be rolled out) would mean more drives for me to do, but I enjoyed not working on Sunday when everybody was heading into work. Always felt like a tourist. Guess, not anymore…

• Like (+1) 3

it should be either 4 or 5 day work. halfday work on friday is useless and waste of time.   

i would rather prefer to cover fridays half day work on other 4 days and take full day off on friday. This will be more efficient and productive. 

Hope private sector chose this. 🙏

so 3 days for offroad. yay.. but immagine no of cross tracks in area 53 on sunday morning, 😁 

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Rizwanm2 said:

it should be either 4 or 5 day work. halfday work on friday is useless and waste of time.   

The 4 and Half work week is for Govt Sector only and with an option to work from home on Fridays (i.e. 4 day work week!)

In all likelihood Private sector will have 5 day work week including Fridays, i.e. Monday-Friday. Need to see how some traditional businesses that work 6 days with Friday off will deal with it. May be they will substitute Friday for Sunday or continue with just Firdays anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the work week for DIFC:

• Monday to Friday:        8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (no appointments will be scheduled during the Friday prayer time from 1-2 PM).