Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqaa - Dubai - 5 Feb 2022

Islam Soliman

Thank you @Islam Soliman for the drive this morning. Beautiful itinerary and quite a distance with challenging sand conditions. This mix of soft surface and solid bottom part of the dunes made it very sliding on the side slopes, and unforgiving on the crests.

@Humayun Ghias was an excellent complement to your lead, rerouting and supporting when needed. @Amir Amiri was following precisely, manoeuvring the long Ram in the technical parts with dexterity.

and behind…. Honestly, it was a bit messy 😅, the Jeeps struggling to control their fishtailing and the FJs doing barely better (it costed me a pop out ), and cutting the lines to limit the sliding. 
… and tomorrow I will support an Absolute Newbie drive and tell them « no fish tailing, steer down ! » 🙈

thanks to the skills of the drivers, all this was still executed safety and we have all enjoyed the drive !

@Pacific @Looper @Matt.T @Ranjan Das @Ashok chaturvedi, it was a pleasure to meet again and drive together. 
enjoy the rest of the weekend !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Sunil Mathew said:

@Islam Soliman...sorry i forgot to remove myself from the drive attendees list..request you to do the honours :-) 

No worries @Sunil Mathew.. looking forward to drive together soon

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use