Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 26 Mar 2022

Brette

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardise someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  26 March 2022, Saturday.

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/NjBkdRiyDXGMhMHR9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday, 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 26 Mar 2022

@Sayed Bilal I see you joined the club today. Welcome. You would first need to join the Absolute Newbie before joining a newbie drive. I will remove your RSVP from this drive and you can join the Absolute newbie drive at the link below.

• Like (+1) 1

Drive RSVP is now closed. 

Welcome  @TT_Dubai @Yaseen87 @Anthony Cupit @Paolo Pellegrini @James Lovell @Paolo Morresi @Pacific @Vishal Nair @Krishna R @Larry Cadden @RiaanJH @Rajat Verma @Looper 

Convoy order below. 

Please go through the tutorial videos and make sure your cars front and rear tow hooks are in order.  Hope all of you also have the required gear for the Newbie level drives. No gear = no drive. 

See you all tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM sharp and we will be using radio channel 1, 446 006. 25. 

If you need to contact me in case of an emergency, my number is O52 6771O76.

image.png.3ae61457a8b78b21dc2e8286de22a772.png

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Krishna R said:

Finally a drive for me this weekend. Thank you @Brette

@Brette sorry as my night shift relieving person wont be in time, so I wont be able to join on time, thus i will retract .sorry for inconvenience. Have fun. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

@Enrico BiscaroI know it's pretty late but if you are still upto it, you can take the place of Pacific as you are first on the waitlist. Not adding you to the drive now but if you do show up, I will. 

• Like (+1) 2

It was my first drive with @Brette since 20 Nov 2020. When we were reaching the meeting point, it was clear but soon a layer of fog descend. We started the drive but as the conditions soon become not so conducive for safe driving we took a halt for sometime till the fog lifted, soon we had our first pop out of the day.

After we reached near the pink rock we  moved towards big red. While initially all was smooth just before the exit we found ourselves with 3 back to back pop outs and a stuck. Luckily the temperatures were still bearable and thanks to @Brette all pop outs were fixed and we exited. Overall a nice experience for all involved in both driving as well as in for recovery. 

All in all everyone drove quite well and hopefully enjoyed the drive as well. I can say I did.

@Krishna R you need to get rid of those HT tires and have some ATs on your car. They are really pulling you back due to lack of traction, and hence the refusals. Suggest you go for 1-2 more newbie drives to get acquainted with the new shoes on your ride. 

@TT_Dubai you were excellent as the second lead, thanks a lot.

Finally a big thanks to @Brette for a great drive today and hopefully many more to come in the future with you. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use