Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 26 Mar 2022

Brette

Thanks @Brette for the drive, especially the second half approaching Big Red when you raised the game and challenged the convoy on the soft sand. The three consecutive pop outs at the same spot (with the exit point well in sight!) is unprecedented but as mentioned, was a great experience to see how different pop outs can be tackled. Thanks to you and @Looper and all others for helping with these!

I'll try and get the footage from the dashcam to see how this occurred, and if successful will post back the clip here. 

• Like (+1) 3

Hello fellow drivers,

It was a very different drive this time by @Brette This drive was in stark contrast to the previous tawi nazwa drive. There were quite a few surprises and we thoroughly enjoyed it. :) 

Firstly, the fog was a bummer but we had some really interesting conversations during the wait :) 

Just when we started to move, my car had to popout and it was quite a difficult one to fix. @Looperand @Brette would agree?

After the fog wait and my popout, the pace increased on our way towards the big red. Then came the surprise soft patch near pink rock. It was fun to watch everyone struggling to hold traction and finally we settled on a flat spot getting ready for the climb to big red. 

The climb to big red - OMG. I thought I had signed up for a fewbie plus drive :) It was massive fun but quickly learnt that when the convoy is stopped, its easy to get stuck if you're not careful. @Looper kept repeating to maintain the distance between cars and hold momentum, but I lost concentration for a split second and found myself in a nice soft bowl with one wheel up in the air.

Simultaneously THREE cars had a popout somewhere on the other side of the dune. 

@Looper stayed behind to help me and a crazy amount of shoveling, tugging from different directions couldn't get me out then @Brette came to the rescue, tugged me out and went back to fix the popped out tires at the front of the convoy. 

Luckily, as @Looper said, the temperatures were bearable and we could see the other side of desert driving, first hand. The not so glamorous side, the hard work part of things - Fixing popouts, self recovery, shoveling at the right place, Stopping at the right place (mainly) etc and we have a lot of fun filled banter as fellow drivers. 

All in all, This was the most physically exhausting drive for me and others would agree as well. @Brette Your calm and composed attitude in tight situations is amazing. Also, I could see your expertise when you fixed my popout and also when tugging me out from behind. 

All said and done, I would gladly do it again in a heartbeat and looking forward to driving more with @Bretteand @Looper.

@LooperI have finalized a few Off-road rims and A/T tires. Should be on before this weekend's drive. I think @Looper is going to look out for the drives I join and avoid them :) 

Until next weekend guys! 

Edited by Krishna R
Grammar check
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

3 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

I think @Looper is look out for the drives I join and avoid them :) 

On the contrary, I’d look out and join the drives you are going. Appreciate all the enthusiasm and positive vibes from you regarding this passion of driving in the desert. 👏 👏

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

@Looper and  @Krishna R, between both of you, you'll have summed up the drive perfectly. 

We had our share of stucks, refusals and pop outs, may be a little more than we expected but it was a good learning opportunity. The last 3 pop outs that happenned at the same spot was strange but atleast we know that @Paolo Pellegrini @TT_Dubai and @Yaseen87listened and did exactly what the car in front of them did. 😀

Overall was really pleased with the way everyone drove and kept up as the level was bumped up a few notches. Well done all, you'll were an amazing bunch to start the weekend with.

Thanks @Looper for the awesome support. I will remember the way you came and asked me to move ahead to the rest of the convoy.. shows how long it has been since we drove together.  

Till next time...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Brette and @Looper I enjoyed very much the ride. It was really adventurous and full of action and I appreciate your zen energy in any situation! Great to have met new brother in pajero @Yaseen87 and be part of the pop out triplete

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use