Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 9 Apr 2022

Brette

Hi @Brette

I drive LC Prado 2018 (4.0) TXL. I am an absolute beginner on dessert driving.

It has a rear tow hook. But not sure if there is a hook at the front. I have attached a picture for your reference. 

The car has 8 inches of ground clearance. 

Looking forward to meet you all. 

IMG_1851.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, pramod said:

@Gaurav Hi Gaurav, coming bak after almost a years break, so thought to do a warm up round, pls allow. I did try on newbie but waitlisted.

@pramod unfortunately you can not join this drive as it is only for those driving driving in the desert for the first time or if this is your very first drive with Carnity. As you have already done a few drives with Carnity, you can waitlist yourself on the Newbie drive and if you get in, let the lead know that you have been out for sometime so they will place you accordingly in the convoy. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Drive RSVP is now closed. 

@Sunny84 @Mike Merdinian @Sivaprasad Gopalakrishnan @Jonny90 @Stan Hassett @Elsinno @Looper

Convoy order below. 

Please go through the tutorial video on the drive post and also make sure your cars front and rear tow hooks are in order.  

See you all tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM sharp and we will be using Radio channel 1, 446 006. 25. For those who do not have a radio, one will be lent to you for tomorrows drive. Make sure you have a tire deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor to inflate after the drive as the one at the fuel station does not work for the most part.

If you need to contact me in case of an emergency, my number is O52 6771O76.

image.png.2ad0ca7c01d456ccce5d01e0cf42aee2.png

• Like (+1) 4

Hi @Brette

I'm a bit confused because in the forum posting for first off-road drive checklist it does not mention the tire deflator, pressure gauge or compressor. Should I still attend tomorrow's drive if I do not have that gear?

Thanks,

Stan

• Like (+1) 1

@Stan Hassett yes you can join. We’ll arrange for the first drive.

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

5 hours ago, Stan Hassett said:

Hi @Brette

I'm a bit confused because in the forum posting for first off-road drive checklist it does not mention the tire deflator, pressure gauge or compressor. Should I still attend tomorrow's drive if I do not have that gear?

Thanks,

Stan

Hi Stan, if you don't have it we will lend it to you for the first drive. Ever since Covid started, we prefer that each brings their own to avoid sharing gear and it's even mentioned on the first drive post under "what to bring". 

See you tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Sunny84 @Mike Merdinian @Sivaprasad Gopalakrishnan @Jonny90 @Stan Hassett @Elsinno @Looper All of you did really well on your first drive and I look forward to seeing you back in the sand soon. We did have a few stucks, refusals and overheating issues that caused a bit of a delay and we ended up finishing almost 90 minutes later than anticipated. Thanks to everyone of you for your patience and to @Looper for his awesome support as usual. 

Please go through the post below and also make sure you have all the required gear for the newbie drives. If any of you have any questions, please feel free to post here.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive anymore. Drives are announced every Monday at 11 am, and they go live on Monday at 7:00 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Friday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag, compressor and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

You can join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use