Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Some Like It Hot: Al Hayer to Faqa - Dubai - 3 Jun 2023

Level:  Fewbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/aeqCoTn97u8ZbjZv7

Action Plan: As summer approaches, most drives are moved up earlier and earlier in the morning, to make sure that drivers and (most of all) cars avoid the summer heat. Personally, I have always been fascinated, and loved, the desert's extreme conditions, heat being one of them. I truly feel like I am in the desert when it is windy, dusty, and most of all HOT. For those of you who share the love for extreme conditions, this will be the perfect drive. Temperature at 6:00 AM, on average, are presently around 28 degrees, rising to 38-39 around 11:00 AM, with a gradient that should still allow a reasonably normal drive. Of course, we'll have to manage our driving style to fit the conditions of the sand and avoid overheating. 

The area where we'll be driving is quite mixed, with nice bowls, long range dunes, some technical patches, and very few sabkhas. 

Not always, in the course of explorations or expeditions one can drive in the comfort of cool weather, so this drive may be a good challenge and opportunity for those who may be thinking of experiencing long-range drives. If you like it hot, you should be joining. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar 

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Some Like It Hot: Al Hayer to Faqa - Dubai - 3 Jun 2023
On 5/29/2023 at 6:16 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Level:  Fewbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: TBC

Action Plan: As summer approaches, most drives are moved up earlier and earlier in the morning, to make sure that drivers and (most of all) cars avoid the summer heat. Personally, I have always been fascinated, and loved, the desert's extreme conditions, heat being one of them. I truly feel like I am in the desert when it is windy, dusty, and most of all HOT. For those of you who share the love for extreme conditions, this will be the perfect drive. Temperature at 6:00 AM, on average, are presently around 28 degrees, rising to 38-39 around 11:00 AM, with a gradient that should still allow a reasonably normal drive. Of course, we'll have to manage our driving style to fit the conditions of the sand and avoid overheating. 

The area where we'll be driving is quite mixed, with nice bowls, long range dunes, some technical patches, and very few sabkhas. 

Not always, in the course of explorations or expeditions one can drive in the comfort of cool weather, so this drive may be a good challenge and opportunity for those who may be thinking of experiencing long-range drives. If you like it hot, you should be joining. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar 

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, do we have the meeting point location? Just to plan myself and my colleague. Thanks in advance 

3 hours ago, FERNANDO SYRIO said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, do we have the meeting point location? Just to plan myself and my colleague. Thanks in advance 

Hello @FERNANDO SYRIO.

I have just posted the meeting and deflation point 

Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/aeqCoTn97u8ZbjZv7

Thanks for asking. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

prob a silly question @Ale Vallecchi, meeting time is 0700??

Just because you mention the ambient temps at 0600 so i just wanna be there on time. cheers lukep

Yes @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke. The meeting time will be 7:00 PM, for us lazy bums, who like it hot. Sorry for the confusion.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear @Rajesh NG, I just realized that your rank is Newbie. Unfortunately, this will be a Fewbie drive, hence I will not be able to accept you on Saturday morning. Sorry for this. Hope to see you soon in another drive. Thanks for understanding.

• Sad (0) 1

Dear @Dorian ZissiI have also just realized that your rank is Newbie. Unfortunately, this will be a Fewbie drive, hence I will not be able to accept you on Saturday morning. Sorry for this. Hope to see you soon in another drive. Thanks for understanding.

• Sad (0) 1

20 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Yes @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke. The meeting time will be 7:00 PM, for us lazy bums, who like it hot. Sorry for the confusion.

Sleep in! Woohoo!

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use