Night Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa Adventures - Dubai - 17 Jun 2023

Gaurav

4 hours ago, Gary F said:

Drive title promised adventure and adventure materialised…

from

@Krishna R Xterra leaf spring issue and recovery ( I hope you made it back safe and are back in the sand soon) @Stumpy Paj and @Gaurav temp spring repair and axle realignment l.

@Bravoecho mystery patrol locking itself with keys and engine running but no driver , we all learned how to jimmy a door open. 

@Benjamin took over 2nd lead and had a few opportunities to pump his shovelling arms.

the most beautiful self recovery from a creat situation I have ever seen by @Gaurav

We hit some nasty vegetation patches and some sharp dips , my gladiator managed through followed by @Beide Worku lovely f150. With @MMansoor taking up sweep.

And just as we were ending the drive Faqa had one last surprise with the exit location needing some work to get too.

Post drive I found my rear bumper took a nasty hit , reinforcing gladiators shallow exit angle. 

I agree @Gary F we had it all last night but still went to bed with a big smile on my face.

Hope the bumper isn’t too damaged

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Nicely summed up @Gary F this was my third car locked-out experience. It seems I need to write a manual on opening locked-out cars in the desert with sheer teamwork, patience, and precision.

@Bravoecho time u stick a spare key under your car or behind the spare wheel with zip ties, or better add one with a safety flag, so at least while off-roading you can quickly reach.

Totally agree, @Gary F @Beide Worku and @MMansoor were real men to brave Faqa adventures with LWB vs boys with SWB.

Have my theories on why it occurred @Gauravbut not leaving anything to chance for next time and the second key solution is currently being arranged.

Also will always park with the window ajar/open when the engine is running in future.

Thanks for an amazing night and the fact that it was a new moon added to the adventure.

If it’s okay with you I’ll elevate myself to the real men category. Even though I was driving a SWB, with a manual car in such technical terrain I worked out I was averaging a gear change every 5 seconds and the arm at the end of the night certainly had a workout.

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

@Gaurav great drive! Was great to meet you in person whilst also managing to be at the end of the convoy and at the front! 😂

when I look back at the events of last nights drive the main two learning points I had was how to fix leaf springs  and most bizarrely how to perform grand theft auto on @Bravoecho car.

@Krishna R man I hope you managed to get your car sorted out I will look forward to our next drive together will see you soon. 

in the end of it all it was a great drive and everyone drove extremely well alongside springing into action whenever there was an obstacle to overcome.

@Benjamin we all learned some life skills that may come in handy (as long as you have a soft shackle, brush and sand flag) last night 😁.

Hope your car is okay @Krishna R and look forward to seeing you back out there.

Edited by Bravoecho
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bravoecho said:

I agree @Gary F we had it all last night but still went to bed with a big smile on my face.

Hope the bumper isn’t too damaged

Have my theories on why it occurred @Gauravbut not leaving anything to chance for next time and the second key solution is currently being arranged.

Also will always park with the window ajar/open when the engine is running in future.

Thanks for an amazing night and the fact that it was a new moon added to the adventure.

If it’s okay with you I’ll elevate myself to the real men category. Even though I was driving a SWB, with a manual car in such technical terrain I worked out I was averaging a gear change every 5 seconds and the arm at the end of the night certainly had a workout.

@Benjamin we all learned some life skills that may come in handy (as long as you have a soft shackle, brush and sand flag) last night 😁.

Hope your car is okay @Krishna R and look forward to seeing you back out there.

Despite a few attempts over the last few drives to stop it getting worse , Faqa was the nail in the coffin.  Will be needing a reinforced one that does not act as a sand anchor. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use