•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lesaily Run (Lisaili to Qudra) - Dubai - 18 Jun 2023

Looper

Lesaily Run.png

DRIVE PLAN

We will start on this lazy Sunday morning at Lisali. The sand will be soft, and temperatures will rise soon. When we start, we will find some midrange dunes but then we will reach the long-range dunes where we will pick up speed and do some ridge riding. Later we will encounter some technical dunes followed by the tall dunes of Qudra. The LeSaily Run will have a full bouquet of terrain for us to play and learn. 

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When: 18 June 2023, Sunday

Meeting time:  5:45 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/KGF6L8VwXMza3tJz7

Approximate finish time: 9:45 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on SATURDAY - 12 PM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lesaily Run (Lisaili to Qudra) - Dubai - 18 Jun 2023

Thank you guys for sharing this lovely Sunday morning in Lisaili and sorry for Anoop and Looper cars to be back on recoveries. Hope all good by now . See you guys soon in the sand 🙏

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Thank you guys for sharing this lovely Sunday morning in Lisaili and sorry for Anoop and Looper cars to be back on recoveries. Hope all good by now . See you guys soon in the sand 🙏

Hi Doc @M.Seidam it tuned out to be a minor issue with the shifter. Got it back on Sunday itself . See you soon

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

This was my fourth drive on this particular track. and a question arises why am I doing so many Lisaili Drives? There are a few reasons. First is, as I mentioned in the drive plan - it provides a bouquet of terrains and one can expand to any level that one wants to depend on how the convoy is performing. Second this track provides a lot of easy exits in case we need to, and as I am trying to get myself as familiar as possible with this track it is an ideal track to drive and learn. Third, till now I have done four leads in this track, but I still find few pockets of surprises. Fifth, this drive also ends conveniently at Qudra. Sixth is the most important reason, which is that I had drawn up a plan that I have still not achieved, so expect few more to go.

This drive came quite close to my plan in the first half, but the second half got jinxed. We drove quickly and did a lot of ridge riding and finished the first 25 km in the first hour itself. But then we had to face a silly issue with @Anoop Nair's Jeep that developed an issue with the gears not slotting. I put all the learnings I had in my Leaders Lead training to drive to an easy exit for the Jeep. After we dropped @Anoop Nair and our surprise guest and birthday boy @M.Seidam at the at the initial exit, we carried on.

It was a 20 km detour to drop them and get back to the desert to resume our drive that consumed another hour of our drive time. By this time, the sun was shining very brightly and the white sands at Qudra were very tough to comprehend. Anyways we did another 20 km till the exit, which saw us driving on the tall dunes of Qudra as well as a bit of Baja style fast paced drive towards the exit.

After the exit at the time of inflation my car won't restart. I found that the positive terminal was completely out of its slot. I put it back and started which it did, but it stopped charging the battery. I drove to Qudra fuel station where I called a recovery, and at the service station they found that one a fuse bust - but why? A short circuit while placing the positive terminal, it was technically an easy fix and I had those fuses as well but did not have the knowledge to look at it, any ways lesson learned.

To start with, thanks a lot to @DP1011 for your continued support and appreciate you being there when needed. You did an excellent job in second lead, and I very much suspect the reason for your asking to be there, but I am happy you are taking this step as soon as you are doing. 

@FERNANDO SYRIO, you should have realized that your Fortuner is more than capable of what you throw at it and it performed as well as you wanted it to. 

@Mohit Gurnani, you are a regular on my drives, so I see the progress you have been making and it is impressive. I keep pushing the level depending on the convoy and you keep performing at every level.

@Anoop Nair, the minor hiccup aside, thanks for joining this drive and you are a support for this drive i could count on.

and Finally, Doc @M.Seidam, thanks for joining this drive and while you did not mention at that time, doing your celebratory drive with us. It was a pleasure as well as an honor driving with you always.

868731545_2023-06-19(1).jpg.771170b5271fc9066a188966ba8ef7a0.jpg

620354696_2023-06-19(5).jpg.abc03bb3bcfe99878563ce22fcb22b27.jpg

Gaia GPS track

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

Pleasure is all mine dear @Looper and yes despite the little hiccup I enjoyed very much the drive till I exited with @Anoop Nair .

regarding Lisaili specific I drove tons of times and always I find new things ( land of mystery ) . 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use