•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Searching for Sand: Out of the Jungle into the Desert: Part 3- Lisaili - 1 Jul 2023

Ale Vallecchi

1 minute ago, DTG said:

Hi..... This is my 2nd drive with Carnity....... Had my first drive 2 weeks back.... But I'll still drop the details below. 

Make - Mitsubishi Pajero 2014 GLS LWB

Colour - White 

Have two front and rear hooks and the essential gear as well. 

Oops - my bad buddy - Apologies :) Looking forward to see you Satday ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DP1011 said:

Hi @Faraz94 , @DTG @Yahir Marban - Welcome to Carnity ! I see that this will be your first time with @Carnity drives and hence can you please confirm on below : 

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Confirm you have essential minimum gears  to start off with - 1. Off road flag , 2. Two way programmable radio 3. Deflator to deflate tyres upon arrival and 4. Compressor to inflate after the drive. 
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING https://youtu.be/hP-2ah4Eyek 

Looking forward to seeing you on Satday ! 

Hi @DP1011

Thank you for the welcome :) 

Vehicle: Haval H9 - 2023 - Grey

Prior Experience:

Yes, have some experience from my home country with Suzuki Jimny. Since this is kinda family sport, been joining my father since childhood for some mid level sand driving. Also, had a few beginner level drives myself, while going for hunting or just enjoying the desert. 

Tow points: 2 front, 1 Back

Essential Gear: Yes I have all the things mentioned above, just need to set channels on the Baofeng Radio. Hopefully it’ll be done by tomorrow.

Let me know if anything else is required :) 

Edited by Faraz94
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi,

I added myself to the drive this morning (thurs) as it was not full.

Just noticed it had a Wednesday cut-off in the description above.

Is it still ok to come along?

• Limited to 8 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.

Hi @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke. Thanks for adding yourself. The 8-car limit has been a mistake. Up to 12 are welcome. See you tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, DP1011 said:

Hi @Faraz94 , @DTG @Yahir Marban - Welcome to Carnity ! I see that this will be your first time with @Carnity drives and hence can you please confirm on below : 

• Confirm you have essential minimum gears  to start off with - 1. Off road flag , 2. Two way programmable radio 3. Deflator to deflate tyres upon arrival and 4. Compressor to inflate after the drive. 

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday ! 

Thank you @DP1011 for updating the new members on Carnity's requirements.

@Faraz94 and @Yahir Marban welcome to Carnity. Kindly review the material pointed out by Deepak. I will give the convoy a technical briefing just prior to entering the dunes, so that we can all be aware of the does and don'ts of sand driving. 

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Enjoy the end of the week.

• Like (+1) 3

22 hours ago, DP1011 said:

Hi!

First time here!

Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL 4 door, Black

Prior experience: 2 drives with another club

I have two front hooks and one back hook (wrangler stock)

I have the 4 items of gear.

Thanks!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Desertnauts,

welcome to tomorrow's Newbie drive.

As all drives including drivers signing up for their first Carnity drive, each "Absolute Newbie" has been asked to watch the instructions video. Moreover, before entering the dunes I will give a technical briefing to the whole convoy (for not AN's, repetita juvant, as the Romans would say).

The meeting point has been posted as follows: https://maps.app.goo.gl/oVa8uPKa2h8jaaXHA

You may reach it by taking the new 2-lane road from Qudra's Last Exit to Solar Park, and upon reaching the third roundabout, circling back toward Qudra, and leaving the tarmac through an opening in the guard rail, approximately next to the lines of pylons. Once arrived, please start deflating and putting up your flags: I'll be there waiting.

The drive will take a track reversed from the initial plan, from Solar Park to Lisaili, to take into account the possibility of starting in an area of "easier" long range dunes and exiting at a more difficult patch of low technical dunes. 

The convoy order, at this time, is the following:
@PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke in Second Lead

@Aser at #3

@Faraz94 at #4

@DTG at #5

@DP1011 at #6

@essam ibrahim at #7

@Theo09 at #8 and 

@Benjamin in Sweep.

Please set your radios on Carnity Channel #2 (446.031).

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow morning just before 7:00 AM. Have a nice evening.

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts,

welcome to tomorrow's Newbie drive.

As all drives including drivers signing up for their first Carnity drive, each "Absolute Newbie" has been asked to watch the instructions video. Moreover, before entering the dunes I will give a technical briefing to the whole convoy (for not AN's, repetita juvant, as the Romans would say).

The meeting point has been posted as follows: https://maps.app.goo.gl/oVa8uPKa2h8jaaXHA

You may reach it by taking the new 2-lane road from Qudra's Last Exit to Solar Park, and upon reaching the third roundabout, circling back toward Qudra, and leaving the tarmac through an opening in the guard rail, approximately next to the lines of pylons. Once arrived, please start deflating and putting up your flags: I'll be there waiting.

The drive will take a track reversed from the initial plan, from Solar Park to Lisaili, to take into account the possibility of starting in an area of "easier" long range dunes and exiting at a more difficult patch of low technical dunes. 

The convoy order, at this time, is the following:
@PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke in Second Lead

@Aser at #3

@Faraz94 at #4

@DTG at #5

@DP1011 at #6

@essam ibrahim at #7

@Theo09 at #8 and 

@Benjamin in Sweep.

Please set your radios on Carnity Channel #2 (446.031).

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow morning just before 7:00 AM. Have a nice evening.

Thank you for the details @Ale Vallecchi
See you in the morning :) 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use