•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Wrong Side of Faqa'a - Dubai - 09 July 2023

Looper

DRIVE PLAN

On our usual drives at Faqa'a, we typically deflate and head towards the left. However, on this special day, we will break the norm and venture towards the right, eager to discover what lies in that direction. Anticipate encountering a mix of technical challenges, midrange dunes, or perhaps a combination of both. As for our final destination, it remains a mystery—will it be Murquab, Lisaili, or Qudra? Join us on this exploration and let's uncover the path together. Given the scorching heat of the summer season, it's crucial to ensure your vehicle is in excellent condition to endure the demanding conditions.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Fewbie Plus and above
  • When:  09 July 2023, Sunday
  • Meeting time:   5:30 AM
  • Meeting Point: TBA
  • Approximate finish time:  9:00 AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, patience, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Jack and Jack board

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 12 PM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

don't drive like its your last one.

@Alexanderrr, @Mark B, @Joseph Raju it is going to be a short convoy so an exiting drive.

The meeting point is: https://goo.gl/maps/6cmG8WSxsjWaafh76

See you all in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I overslept my alarm, so I am running late by about 15 minutes

10 hours ago, Looper said:

@Alexanderrr, @Mark B, @Joseph Raju it is going to be a short convoy so an exiting drive.

The meeting point is: https://goo.gl/maps/6cmG8WSxsjWaafh76

See you all in the morning. 

Moring here but my sat nav is not finding the spot, can you call me 

Thanks @Alexanderrr and @Mark B for joining the drive. And also waiting for me. Somehow I missed my 4 am alarm and got up when the clock said time is 5:00 am.

We completed the first 33 km till Murquab hill in about hour and 20 mins without a single refusal in what is definitely an intense technical drive which shows your prowess in the off-road driving skills. while my GPS says the we had a beak of 9 min in the total drive time of 2:30 min drive, I am pretty sure that we stopped about 18 min on the hill itself. The route 66 has stoped being a gravel track and the desert has consumed it completely. it was a mild FB level drive in it as well. In the last section too we drove though some very tall but technical dunes and both of you did an excellent job keeping up with the pace. Towards the end we had our couple of refusals just before the exit and @Alexanderrr it was great to see your Pajero do what it is most definitely can do in capable hands, it was an excellent self recovery from a crest. @Mark B it was amazing to see your extended LWB Gladiator keep up with the track made by my tiny SWB Jeep Wrangler. 

See you both soon. 

image.png.33dbd66ad1d3aa7fa4a6700af161a2b6.png

The black track was my planned track that I planned on my desktop but it did not sync with the phone, but it's miraculous that I pretty much kept with it. There are a couple of sections in the Route 66 that my phone glitched and did not record and skipped a bit of track. 

28983941_Screenshot2023-07-09at9_54.36AMcopy.jpg.3d2717f75d7999abc2463a3375550346.jpg

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks for the drive today Looper, technical in LWB is always fun lol, was a good mix today few fast bits and pretty much smooth sailing! 
the wind at the end was making visibility extreme at the end. 
Great drive

Thanks and hope to see you on the next one 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use