•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Faqa to Little Sweihan - Dubai - 22 July 2023

Hi Sand Sailors

Seems we now have a full convoy. Hoping we won’t have any last min dropouts, here’s the convoy order. 

We will use Channel 3. 

Varun 

@Benjamin will be our SL. 

@Saverio Arena - you and I are only FB riders on the drive. It will be fun. 

@Imteeaz 

@Gertjan

@Hisham Masaad

@Brett Eicher
 @Gary F

@Zed

See you all tomo.  

• Like (+1) 6

Hi Fellow Sand Surfers! I had a great time out on the sand with all of you. A big thanks to @Varun Mehndiratta for a great trip. Also thanks to @Benjamin and @Hisham Masaadfor helping with the pop-out. 

See you all soon on the sand again!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks Sand Sailors for joining in for the drive. 

Surely wasnt the usual Faqa. All the vegetation around provided us with a totally unique kind of challenge vis-a-vis what we expect in Desert (or perhaps i expected, since hadn't been to area in last 2 months). Then that's the beauty of being off-road - always have to be ready for unexpected - and you all did amazing well handling the same. Everyone drove beautifully - with limited number of refusals and only one main stop with @Gertjan pop-out. 

On same unexpected note, weather was just awesome the whole time. Even at 9am when we exited, it was pretty comfortable temp - so all an all a good outing in midst of long weekend. Thanks to you all for company and fun ride. 

Thanks @Imteeaz @hisham @Benjamin @Zed for continous support and keeping the convoy togather. @Saverio Arena and  @MohamedSherif you both were just amazing - being in a convoy full of much more experienced drivers adds to its own pressure - you both handled it as well as your vehicles very nicely. 

@Gary F @Gertjan @Brett Eicher - as expected a smooth drive for you all. Thanks a lot for joining in for this nice though bumpy outing in desert. 

• Like (+1) 3

What a great way to come back to the sand after couple of weeks; the scorching heat does not help with my AC that i am already struggling with (got it checked twice and getting different versions).

@Varun Mehndiratta thank you mate for organising this amazing drive; i was a bit surprised with the start time (5 am..); however it was definitely worth waking up at 3 am!

We were also well supported by our Marshall @Hisham Masaad who provided accurate advise and instructions to all the drivers (including me).

Though most of the drivers were experienced (IM level), the soft sand did not make it easier for us. The pop-up was a result of us trying to manage through the dunes (and avoiding the bushes); well-done to the team to get this fixed very quickly.

@Benjamin @Zed @Saverio Arena @MohamedSherif @Gary F @Brett Eicher @Gertjan  thank your for making my life easy.

Until next time, enjoy the week and see you guys in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use