•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Faqa to Solar Park - Dubai - 5 Aug 2023

Looper

@Looper WOW WOW!!! What an introduction to the Fewbie level it was!!! Was that a classical Fewbie drive? :) 

Action from the 1st dune to the last dune - absolutely no time to even blink my eyes! Definitely a step up from the newbie level, enjoyed the faster and smoother flow/ pace of the convoy..., refusals, pop outs and other issues are quickly dealt with... and the radio communication from everyone was 1st class - clear and precise - like A380 Pilots! 

Just when I though the drive was over as we quickly cruised over the open plain, you pulled a magical surprise - I wont forget "Little Sweiham" for a long time... hell man that was insane - well at least for me! How did I... ...we get through that??? 

What did I take from the drive: 

I lost the track 1 or 2 time on the side slopes - and quickly remembered not to fight gravity as this was embedded in my mind from all the previous pre-drive briefings. I steered down regained my momentum and just came back up to regain my position! Thanks to @Rk ram for giving me the space to do this! 

@Chaearly in the drive made a very important comment to follow the track exactly as we passed through a challenging area, it stuck with me for the rest of the drive - which served me well! (for future drives also). 

Really had to concentrate to make sure I kept up with the pace... and not allow the convey to stretch-out (one of my weaknesses...). 

OK, let the week begin...!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Great drive led by @Looper, you drive quite differently when you are leading, pretty much a different person in the same yellow looper jeep, and an impressive 25km/r of 80km route, consists of different terrains, But I must say it is never easy to catch up with a SWB car with 2850mm WB Pathfinder😶. Good work! 

@Theo09 this is definitely not a standard FB drive but you coped with it very well. I was concerned that you may tackle some part of the drive too rough, being a first time FB with faster pace, But you handled it exceptionally well, never fought gravity yet had no refusal except a popout that was partially due to the low profile tire.

You should take a look at the jacks and jacking points of your vehicle, 18inch rims have higher possibility of pop out but the possibility can be lowered with skills. 

@Fabien Monleau Thanks a lot for managing the centre and rescuing me with your magical winch, it worked just like a charm!

@Juan R Pleasure meeting you for the first time and thank you for the perfect sweep.

Had 2 occassions that the airbag jack was used, it works just fine, except it is as heavy as a spare!💣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use