Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili Loop- Dubai - 26 Aug 2023

Davie Chase

Dear desert warriors thank you all for joining my drive today I had an absolute blast meeting new friends and seeing old ones and catching up with you all.

Our drive today had a moving time of approx. 2 and a half hours and a stopped time of 1 and a half, we had a beautiful sunrise, fresh virgin sand, camels and a couple of pop outs along with a few refusals and stucks, so we had pretty much everything :)

Our S/L played a blinder, smoothing and polishing my tracks keeping the convoy safe and sound as well as smooth, great job @Gary F 

@Haneef Thayyil you drove amazingly well for your first Fb drive, I hope the drive lived up to your expectations and you learnt heaps :) Remember to get your tire checked soonest.

@Cristian you drove brilliantly as always with just a few minor adjustments from Ben following you all good learning. Remember to get your tire checked soonest.

Our C/F @Benjamin was stunning in support and advises throughout the drive well done mate, you are still not getting my pop out champion title (@Frederic a new category for your hall of fame :)) just yet although you came close today, great support, keeping calm and sharing your knowledge with the team, thanks again.

@Alphin Aloor @Joji varghese you both drove fantastically, and it was a pleasure to meet up with you both again, I hope you enjoyed the drive as much as we did.

and our brilliant sweep @Islam Soliman having you in the convoy allowed me to focus on leading and not worry about what was happening at the back, as i go through the learning curve of leading that makes the task a whole lot easier. Thank you and appreciate you joining us today and sharing your vast knowledge with us all.

What a great start to the weekend, i hope you all enjoyed the drive and I wish you a fantastic rest of your weekend and look forward to seeing you in the sand again real soon when I return from vacation

image.png.7add347db69cf9b43e1cfa3369ed88c6.png

image.png.2a642b1eaba2bc2ebafe7e62c131400b.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 5

It was a wonderful morning and I personally enjoyed every bit of the drive despite of the scorching heat towards the last hour of the drive with temperatures climbing very fast beyond 48 degrees.

@Davie Chase you already blew up the curve mate 😂 a natural lead with fantastic lines and balanced level for everyone to enjoy, learn, and grow some muscles too 💪 

The  whole convoy did very well overall and I liked the teaming spirit.. everyone rolling up their sleeves to support when needed

Congratulations  @Haneef Thayyil for completing your first Fewbie drive. You had the biggest share  of stucks and refusals plus a pop out today so thanks for giving us the chance to practice all techniques 😂😂.. Jokes aside, you did very well and I could notice after each one how more confident you become, better in following instructions, and getting the art of taming the mighty power of your beast to work for you..always remember STEERING is your best friend.

@Alphin Aloor very well done overall.. I was jumping from joy watching you self recover at that soft spot.. a role model .. BRAVO.

everyone else drove very well and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

@Benjamin great support throughout the drive.. your presence and coolness in every situation assessing, guiding, and executing  different  recovery techniques is highly commendable.. keep it up my friend.

can’t wait to have the pleasure of driving with all of you again!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Fantastic drive (smooth operator) @Davie Chase I really like this area. It’s close to home and surprisingly has some of the best range of different offroad techniques and options with the heat increasing the number of soft patches. Your leading skills are top notch mate hope to see you soon. 

@Islam Soliman thank you for all the advice and great support as usual. Always keeping a cool head and giving me a hand when I need it during decision making. Thank you @Davie Chase and @Islam Soliman for taking this drive to allow me to learn and improve on some new skills I really appreciate it (I’m definitely after that popout champion title) 

@Haneef Thayyil you did well today mate. After each refusal I saw you improved and became more confident each time well done. 

@Cristian you have very good control over your jeep keep up with the good work mate really enjoyed watching your driving style :) 

@Gary F great second lead 

anyone I missed out on just know that means you did very well! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

My first weekend drive miss after joining carnity... @Davie Chase sorry for not joining..was very tired from the business trip...hope you all had fun..was going through the pics just to have glimpse on what happened.. will not miss the next one for sure..I was thinking rejuvenate better by taking rest..but realize now that the drive would have rejuvenated me better than sleep....

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks everyone for the great ride today. Adrenaline was high most of the time! And we made it on time with no many issues.

My highlights

• @Haneef Thayyil, very solid drive considering this was your first fewbie! I was surprised watching you from behind.
  • @Benjamin thanks for your constant tips during the drive. I had a bad moment which cost me my first popout and a bent rim.... but problem solved now. We never stop learning.
  • Thanks to the rest of the staff @Davie Chase @Islam Soliman @Gary F, we feel so safe with your guidance.
  • The rest of the convoy just did great, clearly very experienced.

See you next time!

p/s: @Looper I saw you on the highway on the way back! :) 

Edited by Cristian
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 hours ago, Davie Chase said:

Our C/F @Benjamin was stunning in support and advises throughout the drive well done mate, you are still not getting my pop out champion title (@Frederic a new category for your hall of fame :))

If I was joining this drive, maybe @Benjamin will get the pop out champion tittle … 😂🤣🙏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

12 hours ago, Cristian said:

Thanks everyone for the great ride today. Adrenaline was high most of the time! And we made it on time with no many issues.

My highlights

• @Haneef Thayyil, very solid drive considering this was your first fewbie! I was surprised watching you from behind.
  • @Benjamin thanks for your constant tips during the drive. I had a bad moment which cost me my first popout and a bent rim.... but problem solved now. We never stop learning.
  • Thanks to the rest of the staff @Davie Chase @Islam Soliman @Gary F, we feel so safe with your guidance.
  • The rest of the convoy just did great, clearly very experienced.

See you next time!

p/s: @Looper I saw you on the highway on the way back! :) 

@christian  I heard Ben say to check the rim but that incident actually bent the rim. Good that you got it sorted.

Thanks for the 2nd lead opportunity @Davie Chase I’m used to being near the back. This was a nice change following your lines with some adjustments for the long wheel base.

@Haneef Thayyil you did good , the patrol is a heavy beast, stucks and refusals are a great opportunity to learn how to recover.

@Benjamin always great to hear your development as support , clear radio instructions and under @Islam Soliman guidance you got a lot of practice.  Just as well we left when we did too with record temps recorded in the UAE.

I’ll be watching for more Lisaili Drives it’s a fun area, and close to home 😀 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Davie Chase Thank you for a wonderful drive you gave us as I was expecting more excitements compare to newbie drives I attended previously but I got more than what I expected, it was a fantastic experience and really enjoyed the new level of drive with you. 

@Gary F It was my first experience following the second lead and I got more confidence by watching your drive, it seems you drive very easily on the sand and it was so nice to follow your tracks except I got couple of tale swing I couldn't control it sometimes.   When I tried to push more I got stuck.

@Benjamin I became your fan after this drive your helps were amazing appreciate your assistance from behind, sides and wherever needed you were there bro, and you are so cool always. 

@Islam Soliman Your guidance helped a lot to recover from everywhere and I learned a lot from you on my first fewbie drive as I had never got stuck on any of my newbie drives so it was a big learning experience too.  thank you so much.

Thank you very much everyone who drove behind me and helped when I got stuck, it was nice seeing a teamwork everywhere we face a problem, hope we will see again on next drive.  

Edited by Haneef Thayyil
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use