•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lesaily Run Rewind (Qudra to Lisaili) - Dubai - 3 Sep 2023

Looper

Lesaily Run.png

DRIVE PLAN

End the Weekend at Lisaili. We start at Qudra and trace our way back on the tracks from past back to Lisaili on a relaxed drive. Expect a leisurely drive through the deserts of Qudra and Lisaili. It will be mostly technical at the start followed by some long range dunes ending with another set of technical dunes.

Request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Fewbie and above
  • When: 3 September 2023, Sunday
  • Meeting time:  5:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)
  • Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/wFdBEJrXsqk47PyG6
  • Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

don't drive like its your last one.

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lesaily Run Rewind (Qudra to Lisaili) - Dubai - 3 Sep 2023

I am not going to make this one my usual "Looper Drive" where my objective is to maintain high speeds and reach the end point in a hurry and try to beat the time records, I maintain in my spreadsheet. This drive is going to be a deliberate choice not to give an adrenaline rush, there is no rush hour chaos. Instead, it will attempt to be a dopamine rush, a drive that aims to awaken a sense of joy and contentment, not by racing against time, but by savoring every moment along the way.

I will compare the objectives of the drive akin to Tai Chi. Tai Chi, known for its graceful and effortless movements, teaches us the value of balance and harmony. Similarly, this drive is a chance to harmonize with the desert, to flow with the curves and bends like a serene dance. Your accelerator becomes your brush, and the dune is your canvas—painting strokes of mindfulness and peace.

Join for a Dopamine Drive; a mindful expedition that promises not just to take you places, but to bring you closer to yourself.

• Like (+1) 5
  • WOW (+2) 2

23 hours ago, Looper said:

I am not going to make this one my usual "Looper Drive" where my objective is to maintain high speeds and reach the end point in a hurry and try to beat the time records, I maintain in my spreadsheet. This drive is going to be a deliberate choice not to give an adrenaline rush, there is no rush hour chaos. Instead, it will attempt to be a dopamine rush, a drive that aims to awaken a sense of joy and contentment, not by racing against time, but by savoring every moment along the way.

I will compare the objectives of the drive akin to Tai Chi. Tai Chi, known for its graceful and effortless movements, teaches us the value of balance and harmony. Similarly, this drive is a chance to harmonize with the desert, to flow with the curves and bends like a serene dance. Your accelerator becomes your brush, and the dune is your canvas—painting strokes of mindfulness and peace.

Join for a Dopamine Drive; a mindful expedition that promises not just to take you places, but to bring you closer to yourself.

Pure poetry @Looper :D 

Is this happening even if we are only 2 or is TBC?

• Haha (+1) 1

@Cristian & @Ignacio Quindós we will have a drive as long as we have a minimum of 3-member convoy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/29/2023 at 12:52 PM, Looper said:

I declare you my new Yogi.

42 minutes ago, Looper said:

@Cristian & @Ignacio Quindós we will have a drive as long as we have a minimum of 3-member convoy.

I hope someone will return from leave and join us. It’s been more than 2 months for me without a drive…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Looper That description about the ride is perfect. I added myself in the waitlist, hope you can let me join this gentle and harmonious dance in the desert. 

Edited by Abhilash Kottakkal
  • Like (+1) 2

@Looper just for the information I changed my stock tyres to bfgoodrich ko2. So i guess i can stay afloat a little better and not break the flow of the dance..all of you are with jeep and me with montero sport I will try to keep up and not to loose the nice momentum....

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Abhilash Kottakkal said:

@DP1011 did I waste my money?? Will it not help?? I am sorry but i am just new and dont know the technical details much...hope you can calrify..

I had decent stock tyres, that i drove with ( Mud terrain tyres) but when i changed it to BFG KO2, Its totally a different experience both Off road and On road! Do I say more? even the lead @Looper is with same BFG!  I will let you react with "totally agree" reaction on Sunday 9.35am! 😎😁

Edited by DP1011
  • Like (+1) 2

@DP1011Wow...that's a relief...I just want to stay alfoat like you guys...all my previous rides I used to see the jeep guys stay float like as it's highway in the desert for them amd I was so jealous...I didn't take a ride last week and we went to wadi and damaged my stock tyres and I was like done let's gets the best available... you're the one who introduced me to this club and i am gratefull....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use